Why Help Me?

"What the hell?"

Izumo is standing by you in your dorm, looking at the poster board on the floor. You stare at her accusingly. 

"What's your problem?"

"My problem is that green blob on our project."

"It's a greenman! I modeled it after Ne."

"That thing is not Ne."

You throw your colored pencil at her. "I'd like to see you do any better."

Izumo blushes. "W-well, sorry I don't do art!"

"Why? Afraid to try and find out you're terrible at it? Worried about your poor over-sized ego?"

"Shut the hell up, L/N!"

"Make me."

The door opens to let in Shiemi. Behind her was Bon, carrying a load of art supplies.

Shiemi smiles. "Hey, guys! Wow, is that a lime? You drew it really well, Y/N. Though, I didn't know that limes were kin to the Earth King."

You sigh, defeated. Yukio had given the class a project. They had to choose one of the eight kings of hell. You, naturally chose Amaimon. You didn't know why Izumo had chosen him, but Shiemi had grouped up with you so that she could tell everyone about her familiar, Ne. 

Bon sets the bags down. "That's not a lime, Moriyama. That's a poor attempt at a greenman."

Shiemi frowns. "Oh. I'm sorry, Y/N."

"It's okay, Shiemi," you say, looking down at your failed picture.

Izumo glares at Bon. "What are you doing here, Suguro? This is a girl's dorm room."(sorry to all of the boys. Just pretend that where it says anything about girls, you make it for boys. I apologize for any inconvenience)

Bon scowls. "I passed by Shiemi in a hallway. She kept dropping her bags, so I figured that I might as well help her."

He's avoiding catching your eye. Why are you so mad at me? you silently asked him. You already knew that I was seeing someone. You said you were fine with it. You have no right to act like this.

But, you reminded yourself, everyone has a right to their feelings.

"So, Ryuji," Shiemi says cheerfully. "What are you doing your project on?"

Your eyes widen a fraction. You had almost forgotten that Ryuji was Bon's real name.

"Me and Shima are doing the kin of Astaroth."

Izumo looks down at the project paper. "I hope you know that there are a crap ton of demons to include in your project."

Bon turns to leave. "No shit, Kamiki. It's not like I would know that, even though it's my project."

Izumo rolls her eyes and crosses her arms.

Bon opens the door to leave, but then he turns around. Going down on his knees, he pushes you away from the poster board. He grabs a pencil.

Izumo frowns. "What the hell are you doing, Sug-"

"He's helping us, ungrateful bastard," you interrupt. 

Bon finally catches your eye, but it's only for an instant. 

"So," he says, erasing the green blob (Erasable colored pencil, bruh) and starting to draw a much better greenman. "What other demons do you have to put down?"

You grab your list. "Bariyon, dekalp, goblin, hydra, and naga."

He draws a detailed sketch of each. Then he looks at the jumbled mess of papers on your desk, sighing. He looks like he regrets the decision he just made.

"Look, you guys are a mess. I'm gonna join your group, but only because you're so unorganized. Shima will be fine; he has Okumura and Konekomaro helping him."

Izumo looks mad. "But we can't have four people on a project with such a small number of demons!"

Bon turns to look her in the eye. "Well, no one's asking you to stay, Kamiki."

Izumo turns on her heel. "Fine! I'll just do Samael by myself."

Everyone in the room looks after her. Then Bon turns to you and Shiemi and says,

"Okay, Shiemi, you can do the research on the demons. I'll design the poster."

You wonder what he's thinking. "What can I do, Bon?"

He eyes you with distaste. "You can present. For now, work on making sure your voice is clear and calm and that you don't stutter. And don't mess this up."

Oh, yay. I get to talk about creatures that are related to Amaimon, with Bon staring at me accusingly.

Bon picks up the poster board. "Okay, guys. You have your jobs. Now, go and do your work. We'll meet back here at five to show what we've done, and see if and what we need to do tomorrow."

You frown. "Why is my room HQ?"

"Fine then, L/N. We'll meet up in my room."

You blush. This is going to be the worst project ever. Sure, the project will be great; but working on it will be hell, won't it? 

But why? Why is Bon helping you? Isn't he mad at you, for God knows what?

Why help me?