I'm fine.

A/N: I'm not sure how queasy you get, or how graphic the descriptions below are going to be. Be warned: there will be gore.

The demon bursts out of the roof. It looks like a worm, dripping with clear oozing slime. It lifts its mouth into the sky, spraying what looks like purple ink into the air. The ink rains down onto your flesh, burning your skin like acid and making your vision blurry. You can barely hear your friends' shouts.

 Eventually the world fades into black, and you feel as if you're floating on a cloud. 

But, as if the cloud bursts, a falling sensation fills you, and wind whips around your hair and clothes, sending them flapping in the nothingness of the world around you.

                                                                                     ~*~

"Loli? Loli, wake up!" 

You feel a hand on your face. Slowly, you open your eyes. It's morning, and the sunlight stings your pupils, causing you to squint. Leaning over you is Amaimon, who is popping a lollipop back into his mouth. The sun glares behind him, making it difficult to see his features.

"Oh. I thought you were dead, loli. It would have been quite a shame if you had died."

You sit up and stretch. "What... What happened?"

Amaimon stands up, blocking out the sun. "That giant worm came. It sprayed goop all over you and made you pass out. I killed it."

"Thank you, Am-"

"But not before it killed all your friends." 

You frantically look around. You are still on the roof, which is half caved in from the body of the giant worm. You gasp. The worm hadn't looked that big when you first saw it.

Scattered around the worm are the bodies of your friends.

"No," you say under your breath.

You run up to each of them. Each body brings a different stream of tears.

Rin, who was goofy and short-tempered, but was still a pleasure to have around. His once-happy face had rolled a few feet away, along with his head. No more of his teasing smiles and dorky comments. No more pulling pranks on students after school.

 Shiemi, who was nice, quiet, impossible to hate, and just wanted some friends. She was your first friend in cram school. Ne is burned and shriveled, and branches are sticking out of the little greenman's chest, like he was trying to protect Shiemi. Shiemi herself looks like she walked in flames. Her face and shoulders are fine, but the rest of her is burnt. Where did the fire come from? Her face had dried tears.

Shima, who was a flirt, but still a nice, funny guy. You remember all the times he made you laugh when you were down. Now, his body was crumpled and limp against a railing. He must of been thrown into the railing and broken his spine.

Izumo is lying off by herself. Her skin has a greenish tinge and a giant cut runs along her cheek, leaking with a green liquid. Poison. How many weapons did the monster have? Izumo was a pain, but she was only trying to help people live up to their full potential. If worse came to worst, you knew she'd be there to help pull everyone through. Or would've, at least.

Bon. Who you realize had been taking care of you from the start. He stood up for you when Izumo would tease you for (insert embarrassing story here). He stayed up long nights, helping you study. Always there, holding out a helpful hand. A shoulder to cry on, when your familiar died. A friend to confide to, when something was on your mind. He loved you, but you love a demon. Bon lay there now, one of the worm's giant teeth piercing his chest, stabbed in the heart. Just like he would've been when you turned him down.

Amaimon stands there watching you, his expression dull and bored. "Are you alright, loli?"

You look up at him, tears swelling up in your eyes. "I'm fine."

You look back down, tear drops dripping onto the ground. Then you felt a sharp slap to your cheek. 

You look up in disbelief. Amaimon had hit you. Now, for the first time since you met him, he is mad. There's a hateful scowl on his face. His eyes are solid black orbs.

"You were weak. You passed out as soon as that thing came. You're not fit to be mine." Darkness approaches out of nowhere, and Amaimon walks into it. "Cowards aren't worth my time."

You try to follow him, but you are glued to the spot. You cry for him to come back, that he is all you have left. But he disappears into the darkness without a single glance back at you.

His voice echos in your mind.

Are you alright, loli?

They're all dead.

Are you alright, loli?

And he left.

Are you alright, loli?

This can't be real.

You see Rin's sword, the source of his demon powers, lying a few feet away in its sheath. If you took it out of the sheath, the flames would come. 

Are you alright, loli?

You take it out, and blue flames dance on the blade. You take a deep breath and point it towards your chest.

Are you alright, loli?

It can't be real.

Are you alright loli?

You smile a little and say, in a calm, perfectly happy voice, "I'm fine."

And drive the blade through your heart.

A/N

Sorry to add this here, guys. I hate having these things at cliff hangers. I just found out that I forgot to add Konekomaru. Ah, well. I feel ashamed. I guess he'll be on... I'm so mean, I was about to say family vacation with his mom and dad DX. I guess he'll be doing some field training or something with one of the teachers. Yeah. That's it. Anyway, see you guys! Love you! >3<  --Sapphire