The Final Duel Part 1

Episode(s): 221

"Are we there yet?" asked Joey as the group walked to the destination of their final duel.

"No!" yelled almost everyone. Joey kept asking the same question and it was getting on everyone's nerve. Most were surprised Seto had not done anything yet to shut him up.

"How 'bout now?"

"Behold!" started Ishizu as they finally made it to their destination "The shrine of the Millennium Stone!"

Metal doors opened up to shoe stairs leading down into the ground.

"Follow me," said Ishizu as she began to walk down the stairs, leading everyone to where the final duel would take place.

"Dude! This duel is going to be awesome!" said Tristan.

"Yeah! Yugi vs. the Pharaoh! That's as good as it gets!" said Joey.

"What's wrong Tea?" asked Tristan when he and everyone else noticed Tea stopped walking.

"Do you need to use the little girl's room?"

"No, I was just wondering why we had to rush into this. This could be our final chance to hang out with the Pharaoh before he leaves us for good. Besides, what if he wanted to stay?" said Tea.

"That's true! I was so pumped up for this duel that I forgot this might be his last one," said Tristan.

"Yeah, me too," said Yugi, who began to become depressed.

"My friends," started Ishizu, "I know how difficult this must be, however Yugi and the Pharaoh must carry out this ritual as quickly as possible. If too much time passes, our window of opportunity might close."

"We all know how you feel Tea, but this is what is best for the Pharaoh," said Yugi.

"You have to remember that he had friends, and not only that, but a family. I'm sure he would rather be with them then us. He might miss us, but he has been away from them longer. You guys saw how he was with his wife, he loves her, and you saw how he was with his friends, he truly cared for them. He might not have remember them at the time, but his heart did. What right do we have to keep him away from the people who were most important to him when he was alive?" said Lilly, causing everyone to truly think about it.

"But-" started Tea.

"You're right!" yelled Joey. "He must miss them a whole bunch! We should be happy that he is going to see them again!"

"Yeah! Once he and Yugi duel, he can finally go back to them!" said Duke.

"Let's go!" said Yugi as the group continued down the stairs.

As soon as they finally got to the bottom, they were shocked at what they saw.

"That's it! The resting place of the Millennium Items!" said Yugi in shock as Ishizu started to walk up the few steps to the stone.

"Alright Yugi" she said as she turned to him. Yugi then proceeded to walk up the stairs with his bag. He set it down and opened it, turning to Ishizu to see what he was to do exactly. She knelt in front of the stone and began to speak.

"Before the ritual can begin, the millennium items must be returned to the stone from wince they came. They eye will then peer into your soul, Yugi, thus unravelling the Pharaoh's spirit from your own." She then stood up and looked at Yugi. "Now, if you accept the terms of this ritual, then I will ask you to place the items within the millennium stone."