Chapter Nine: Waiting.

Start from the beginning

''Oh, don't you want me to sit here?'' she asks me. Not really. She leans down and goes to kiss me before I push her off my lap. She falls with a thump. She looks at me angrily while I look at her blankly.

''What did you do that for?!'' she growls, standing up.

I just stand up and go looking for Louis, leaving her in my room, angry.

''When are we going back to the hospital?'' I ask him.

''Buddy, we just left. We'll go before dinner or something.'' he replies. I sigh and blink.

''She's gonna be alright, Zayn.'' Holly hugs me. I nod, trying not to cry. I hug her back.

''She will.'' I agree with her, optimistically.

''What are you going to do now?'' Mar asks us, coming into the living room where I found them.

''We don't know.'' Louis acts as spoke-person of us.

''Well, could you sing me a song?'' she smiles at us. Then her face drops. ''Maybe not. Sorry.''

''It's Okay.'' Liam says.

''Well, you can watch TV, or there's a pool in the garden or you can go for a walk...''

''We'll just watch TV thanks.'' Harry smiles at her.

''Yeah, Okay.'' she leaves us alone.

We watch TV in silence until it's dinner time. We all rush to finish eating and then we go back to the hospital, Mar watching us with a frown on her face as we leave.

''Is there any change?'' Harry asks the doctor as we open the door.

''No. She's just the same. If anything, a bit worse.'' he shakes his head. My heart thuds against my chest. She can't be any worse!

''You can't be here all night, you know. You'll have to leave at nine.'' Doc says, shutting the door.

We all quickly go to the side of her bed and I grab Riley's hand.

''Riley, you've gotta wake up! Please wake up!'' I say, in a whisper.

Nothing. Nada. Zero.

''Oh no. This is all my fault!'' Jen bursts into a waterfall of tears.

''No it isn't! It's no-one's fault!'' Dani quickly goes to console her.

''Yes it is! If I hadn't have blown up the kitchen then she wouldn't be here.'' she starts sobbing.

''Jen. It was not your fault.'' Harry tells her, slowly.

''But – but – but - '' then she stops speaking and continues crying. I turn back to Riley.