Chapter 47

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~time flash to the day of the dance~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Johanna POV:

I'm currently standing outside of the school freezing my ass off, waiting for Mike. He couldn't make it to dinner because he had some family matters to deal with. He told me he would meet me at the front of the school at 8:30. It is currently 8:45. I go into our DM conversation and message him.

(DM conversation)

J: where the hell r u?

***TWO MINUTES LATER***

M: i'm really sorry Johanna but my dad just went off on me and i'm grounded for the next 2 weeks. I can't go 2 the dance

J: Seriously?!

M: yeah I'm so so so so so sorry

J: whatever

(end of conversation)

I am so f**king pissed off at Mike right now. How could he do this to me? So now I'm dateless at the dance. It wouldn't be a big deal if people came to this in groups, but everyone has a date. That's just f**king frustrating. I don't know if Mike stood me up or actually is grounded. If he stood me up that is so low. Earlier this week we had an exchange of pictures that may be seen as risqué by some, aka nudes. What if he didn't think I was hot enough so he stood me up? That assholes! Why do all guys have to be like Cato where you have to be a certain level of hotness for a guy to even look your way?!

I stomp into the dance and walk over to Finnick and Annie. "Where's Mike?" Finnick yells over the loud music.

"He's not coming!" I yell back.

"Why?" Annie asks.

"He said he was grounded," I say. "I got stood up. Why would he do that to me?!"

"I don't know, Jo," Finnick says. "Do you want to leave? Because we're totally fine with leaving."

Finnick looks at Annie and she shrugs. "Tickets were only five dollars anyway, so it's not like it's a waste of money if we leave."

"I don't want to ruin your night," I say.

"You wouldn't be. I can call my mom to pick us up and we can hang out at my house. Watch a movie and eat popcorn and candy," Finnick says.

"Ok," I say. Annie nods in agreement. The three of us go outside as Finnick calls his mom. She says she'll be at the school in ten minutes. We wait by the curb of the parking lot until she pulls up. We all pile in and she drives us to Finnick's house. We go down to his basement as Finnick grabs some junk food snacks for us.

"Can we watch something scary?" I ask sitting down on his couch.

"Sure, Jo," Finnick says. "What do you want to watch?"

"Children of the corn," I say. That's one of my favorite movies.

Annie sighs. "I don't like that movie."

"Well, Jo gets to pick," Finnick says. He goes to Netflix and turns on the movie. Throughout the whole thing, Finnick and I throw popcorn at each other. Annie jumps like every two seconds but I'm not sure why because it doesn't have many jump scares.

The movie finishes and I go on my phone. I go on Instagram and see I was tagged in a picture by Mike. What the hell did he post that he felt the need to tag me in? We have never met in person, so he can't have a picture of me. I go look at what it is and I can't believe what I'm seeing. My nudes. Mike Allen posted my f**king nudes on Instagram. He's got a ton of followers so I'm screwed. The picture has over 300 likes and 400 comments. I can't even bring myself to read the comments.

"You ok, Jo?" Finnick asks noticing my shocked expression.

"Look what the asshole posted on Instagram," I say handing Finnick my phone.

"Cato posted that?!" Finnick asks.

"What?" I ask. I tend to refer to Cato as the asshole. "No, Mike did."

"Seriously?" Finnick asks. He hands Annie my phone. She about passes out from seeing the picture.

"Is this you?" Annie asks.

I nod.

"How'd he get that?" Finnick asks.

"I sent it to him, dumbass," I say. "Why the hell would he do that?"

"Because he's an asshole," Finnick says.

"He wants to play dirty, I'll play dirty," I say. I grab my phone back and go to my DM conversation with Mike. I scroll to when we sent the pictures and I screenshot his. I post them on Instagram and tag him. My caption is five middle finger emojis.

"Seriously, Johanna?" Annie asks. "Did you really need to post that?"

"I'm a low fighting bitch," I say bluntly.

A couple of minutes of later Cato starts blowing up my phone.

(Text conversation)

C: How the f**k did u get that picture?!

C: u better delete that rn

C: y the f**k aren't u answering me?!

C:JOHANNA

C: ANSWER

C: YOUR

C: GODDAMN

C: PHONE

J: why do you give a f**k about what I post?

C: just answer my f**king questions

J: Mike Allen sent them to me

C: who?

J: this guy @ our school I've been talking to. He posted mine so I posted his

C: those aren't his

J: how do u know?

C: bc that looks a hell of a lot like me

Hey, guys! Sorry this chapter is really short and ends on a cliffhanger but it would be super long if I had the next POV in it. I hope you guys like this chapter. I'm currently in Peer Mediation and I have nothing else to do. I could be reading but I don't really feel like it. I also had Bohemian Rhapsody stuck in my head then I got it out of my head until this girl starting singing it for some reason. I love life. Imma go. Peace out Girl Scout!
                                                         ~~Nickie

Dark YearsOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara