23

23

"I hate her." Draco snaps at Louis who stands in front of him with raised eyebrows. He didn't believe Draco and it was making Draco angry that his lies were for once not very convincing.

"Your lies are becoming worse everyday, Malfoy." Louis laughs. Draco takes a handful of Louis' robes and pushes the boy up against the brick wall in Knockturn Alley. Small snickers come from bystandards seeing the commotion. Draco glares at them causing the old witches to hiss and the wizards to hide in the shadows. His eyes turn back to the fifteen year old who lets out a loud inhuman cackle.

"Why did you bring us here? How do you know how to apparate? Who taught you?"

"That's a lot of questions Malfoy. Maybe I should start charging for each one?" Louis let's out a pained groan as his head hits roughly against the cool brick wall. Draco grits his teeth letting out a low growl causing Louis to laugh again.

The boy looks up at the sky with shiny dark eyes, the blue almost nonexistent. The shadows underneath his eyes contrast against the light of the sun which peaks out of the dark clouds. Draco noted that the boy looked dead with his ashen looks.

"What's gotten into you?" Draco asks with furrowed eyebrows. Draco wonders why Louis seemed so different? Where was the real Louis at? Louis smirks at Draco and somehow gets out of his grip. He backs up away from Draco creating a safe distance between the two.

"We needed to speak first before we go looking for my sister." Louis' eyes narrow at Draco, his lip curling slightly. "I don't trust you Malfoy. You're in love with my sister and you can't deny it. You can't hate someone and lose all of your feelings for them in one week. It's just not convincing."

"Why not? It took me one day to hate you!" Draco argues through gritted teeth. His anger and annoyance towards this kid was getting to a breaking point. He wanted to hex him until he was unrecognizable. Louis seems to sense this as he puts a small hand over his pocket, just in case he needed to defend himself with his wand.

"That's different Malfoy! You're not in love with me or are you?" He smirks.

"Don't flatter yourself." This causes Louis to laugh, a genuine smile flashes across his face. Draco almost forgets that Louis sanity was gone, for his smile was so warm, so familiar. But it's gone within a second only to be replaced by a frown.

"I'm bringing my sister back to the Dark Lord along with my mother, if I can find her. You will not get in my way." Louis points a long skinny finger at Draco's chest. He was trying to scare him, it would be hilarious to Draco if it wasn't for the circumstances that they were in.

"I told you I have no feelings for your sister. She has become a runaway. I want nothing to do with a coward." Draco could taste nothing but bitterness in his mouth while saying these things about Caroline. He was still angry with how she left, but he was more worried than angry with her. Louis tilts his head at Draco in thought. His dark eyes staring into Draco's as if he were looking for any hint of a lie.

A weird tingling sensation is felt in Draco's head, something trying to prod into his very thoughts. He narrows his grey eyes at Louis, sensing what the younger teen was trying to do. Little did Louis know, Draco had practiced Occlumency with his Aunt Bellatrix over the summer.

Easily, Draco blocks out Louis trying not to smirk at how inexpirenced he was at Legilimens. Louis frowns but quickly gives a fake grin with a slight nod of his head.