20

20

"No, you can't come with me."

"But I want to," Draco steps forward placing his hands upon my shoulders looking down at me with a soft smile playing on his lips. He doesn't understand the danger he would be putting his family in. "I know a place, where they would never find us Caroline." I shake my head now becoming frustrated.

"You can't come Draco. Don't you understand?" I push him away gently and walk back over to the bed remembering the ring Dumbledore had given me that laid upon the mattress.

"Well you aren't going by yourself."

"Excuse me?" I slightly raise my voice letting my frustration out. I take a couple steps towards Draco pointing my finger at his chest. He looks a bit shocked at my reaction as he takes backward steps sensing my risen anger. "I'm well capable of taking care of myself. Who are you to say I can't go by myself?"

"You misunderstood-"

"Did I?" I laugh halfheartedly and roll my eyes.

"Why are you acting like this?" Draco asks in a defensive tone. His mouth is shaped into a frown as his silver eyes look over my face trying to figure out why I was so suddenly annoyed at him. I only shake my head and drop my bag upon the hardwood floor taking a seat upon the bed. I wring my hands together trying to keep the tingling sensation from spreading up my arms.

"I'm just scared and I just now realized how idiotic I am for running away from my problems."

"That doesn't make you an idiot. You need to do this Caroline." Draco kneels down in front of me, taking both my hands into his. "You can't stay here. They will only hurt you and your brother, your brother has no care for you anymore. He's stuck in this imagine that he will be strong if he becomes one of us."

"I don't understand how any of this happened. Last year we were at Hogwarts celebrating the end of O.W.L's. Now look at us. We're in a middle of a war."

"I know," Draco whispers. He leans up and kisses the top of my head softly, his lips lingering. "Someday this war will end and we will have a story to tell the next generation, all we have to do is stay strong." I close my watering eyes and without thinking I wrap my arms around Draco, hugging him tightly.

...

That night I struggle with a decision to make. I lay in bed staring up at the patterned ceiling with Draco sleeping calmly beside me. He had fallen asleep but I didn't want to wake him. I didn't care if his mother walked in, I would be gone soon anyway.

With a heavy heart, I sit up and look down at Draco who sleeps with a frown upon his lips. He breathes slowly indicating he was in a deep sleep. I wonder to myself how long it had been since he'd gotten a full nights rest?

I reach out and move his hair that covered his eyes. I bite my lip staring down at the handsome boy that I loved. Why did we have to be in this situation? Why couldn't we have both been born into a family who wasn't so prejudice and hungry for power?

Removing the covers with shaky hands, I quietly stand from the bed careful with my movements. I silently get dressed throwing on a pair of jeans and one of Draco's Slytherin sweaters. It falls to my mid thigh.

Twisting my blonde curls into a tight bun I grab my wand from the bedside table and shove it into my thigh-high boots. Slinging my bag over my shoulder I stare at Draco's sleeping form. A lump forms in my throat suddenly realizing what I am about to do.

I walk to the edge of the bed and lean down kissing the top of my lovers head. Sadly, this stirs him awake once I take a step back with a tear streaming down my face. His grey eyes flutter open, a look of confusion clear upon his face until he instantly realizes what is happening.

Within a second Draco's eyes widen as he sits up from the bed but it's too late. He reaches out for me but I already started to twist. The last thing I hear before I was sucked into my own body was Draco screaming, "NO!" before I apparated to a small city in Scotland.

(Words: 790)

The next part will be in 3rd person because a couple months ago I wrote five chapters on accident in 3rd person. I apologize and I hope this does not screw up anything.