5

As the two of us continue working I can't help but notice Tyler is frowning.

"Tyler, what's the matter?" I ask. What if he wants to go home? What if he hates it here? It's all my fault he is here and now he can't go back.

"Not all the tiny lights are working." He says while pointing to the Christmas lights with a frown. I see the ones that are hanging up are flickering and then shutting off and then flickering again.

"We have some more in the back we could put up. Should I grab some of them?" I ask him. He shakes his head.

"No." He says. He then grins. "Grab all of them."

I smile back at him and nod. I jog to the back and grab the lights. There are at least twenty different boxes. I also see some laser lights, lava lamps, and black lights as well and grab those. I carry them out, nearly dropping them.

"We got multi colored, we got white, we got blue, we got lava lamps, we got lasers. Tyler, we have got all the lights." I say and he claps with a huge grin on his face.

"Yay! Let's hang them all up!" He says with a big smile. I stare at his big blue eyes and see that joy fills them. I nod and we both pick up a stack of lights. I show him how to use a staple gun and we both get to work. I see him putting them in lines across the ceiling and I wrap them around the table legs and poles. I put a line of lava lamps on the table and see him putting the laser lights in the corners of the room. I watch him as we does this and I can see him concentrating.

"This is gonna look dope." I say.

"Though I don't know what dope means I imagine that it means 'great'! And yes Josh it will look dope!" He says, pronouncing dope wrong. I laugh and nod. By the time we are finished the sun is setting and it's almost time to go home. Tyler sighs and looks around at our hard work while I dig around for an extension chord. After plugging in all the cords into the extension chord I grab the final plug and walk to the outlet.

"Are you ready?" I ask.

"Yes Josh! I'm so ready! I am the most ready ever!" He says while jumping around like a little kid making his voice jump around as well.

"Okay I'll count down from three." I say smiling at him.

"Three."

"Two."

"ONE!"

I plug it into the wall and

Nothing.

"Josh just do it! I'm ready!" Tyler says looking at the lights still. I unplug them and plug them in again. Still nothing. I try once more and when I do this the outlet lets out a shock and turns black. Luckily I moved my hand in time but the extension cord is ruined.

"Awh jeez Tyler I'm sorry." I say while getting up and walking over to him. He looks very sad all of a sudden.

"W-what?" He says sounding on the verge of tears.

"We had to many lights and we wrecked the cords. The lights won't work anymore." I say. I see a single tear fall from his eye. I walk over to him quickly and wipe the tear away. "Don't cry! It's okay, we can get a new chord tomorrow."

"But what if Pete has us take them down or... what if I'm not here tomorrow." He says more and more tears spilling from his eyes.

"You'll be here tomorrow Tyler." I say.

"I just wanted you to seem Josh!" He sobs in his hands. "I wanted you to see Stars all the time. Not just at night. You love Stars."

I love..... no