My Daughter's Teacher

"Hey gorgeous" Brett greets me early in the morning.

He ended up staying the night on the lounge in the living room. I felt bad but I meant it when I said I wanted to go slow and I meant it. His little boy Ian slept in the same room as my boys. I stayed in my study trying to get  ready for my next case while Brett helped Kai with her homework and talked to her about her pregnancy. It's sweet that he wants to help her out like this.

"Good morning" I say as I wrap my arms around his shoulders and kiss his lips softly. 

"Does my age bother you?" He asks while we lay down together on my bed. 

Being the sweetheart he is, he drove my kids home as well as enrolling his kid into the school my boys go to and called in sick so he could spend the day with me. Running his finger tips along my arm he looks down and shame. I place my cheek softly onto his cheek and make him look at me. 

"Brett, if I had a problem with your age I wouldn't have fallen for you. The age difference to me doesn't mean a thing" I say honestly. 

"I feel so...insecure around you, you're so perfect and beautiful and amazing and all I am is broken and a former player" He says softly. 

I kiss his lips tenderly as a sign of comfort. 

"Brett, no one is perfect...I am far from perfect. To me you're not a former player, or a man who is broken. To me you're the man who took a chance on love, even though he's been hurt before. You've got courage, charisma and the kindest heart on the planet" I say honestly. 

He looks at me with a small smile and kisses my cheek softly. 

"How I got you is beyond me" He says sighing. 

"I guess we owe that to Kai for pushing us together" I say smiling.

He chuckles and nods his head, my daughter is too mature for her age. 

"She's a sweet girl, I just hope she goes about life with a smart attitude" He says. 

"I hope so too...I just worry about this baby thing, as nice as it is that you want to take that on...she'll be reminded everyday as she watches this child grow up that she was raped" I say with tears in my eyes. 

He wraps his arms protectively around me.

"I know, I told her if someone else offers her help and she wants to take it that she shouldn't hesitate in doing so" He says. 

I nod my head and sniffle a little. I just want my baby girl to be happy. 

Kai's P.O.V 

"I heard about the pregnancy" One of the jocks says cockily. I roll my eyes and keep on walking. My back toward him I feel his hands on my back, pushing me to the ground. As he does, I feel a excruciating amount of pain run through my stomach. I sob as I feel a liquid run down my thighs. I look to see blood. I've misscarried. Soon I feel strong arms under my arms. 

"Hey...look at me" He says softly, holding my chin so I have to look into his deep blue eyes. 

"Are you okay?" He asks.

I've been in sickbay for twenty minutes now. Waiting for Mr Chad and mum to arrive. 

"I'm fine" I sniffle.

He sighs sadly and caresses my cheek softly. 

"Don't lie to me Kai" He pleads. 

"Sorry Mr Strong" I mumble. 

"Honey are you okay?!" My mother asks as she rushes to my side.

Mr Strong moves further into the background as Mr Chad wraps and arm around my shoulders and kisses my forehead. He acts so fatherly toward me already. Mum cups my face in her hands and looks at me worriedly.