My Daughter's Teacher

"Mum why are you so upset?" Kai asks me.

I sigh and look up at her from my pile of work. I've been in my room working on this new case since I picked the boys up from school.

"I'm not upset sweetheart, I've just got this new case I have to work on"" I say.

She walks to me and sits on the end of my bed.

"Well the boys are complaining because they're hungry" She says.

I smile and grab my purse, taking out $30 to give to her so she can order pizza.

"Order pizza sweetie, if you want something else that's fine too" I say.

She smiles and kisses my cheek happily.

"Thanks mum, love you" She says as she walks out to tell the boys.

"Love you too honey" I call back.

One thing I can't get over is how pushy Brett is. I mean, did he really expect me to answer personal questions after one day of knowing him.

The nerve on the guy. I bet he thinks just because he's easy on the eyes, he can do what he wants, say what he wants and have whoever he wants.

I sigh, shaking my head I get back to my paper work. It's another 'king hit' victim. I don't know why people in their right mind would enjoy going around king hitting people.

Do they even stop to think 'What if it were my little sister being hit?' 'What if it was my little brother being king hit?' 'What if it was my child being king hit?' or 'What if I kill someone by doing this?' people are so desensatized these days.

"Mum Pizza's here, you gonna have some?" Kai yells out.

"Yeah sweetie, I'll be out in a minute" I say.

I quickly finish up my paper work and walk out to the lounge room where my three children are seated. I sit down between my boys and take a slice of pizza.

"Who's turn to choose the movie?" I ask.

"Mine!" Jack yells.

I chuckle softly as he picks what movie he wants.

"So sweetie, how was the fist day of highschool?" I ask her.

"Was good mum, I have a lot of nice teachers like Mr Chad, Mr Kellen, Ms Chissle and a few others" She says smiling.

"I'm glad they're being good to you honey" I say smiling.

"Mum how come you don't go out with your friends anymore?" Kai asks.

"I need to take care of you three" I say.

"I can look after these two" Kai says.

"Honey you're only 13" I say hesitantly.

"Then hire a baby sitter. Mum you need to go out and have fun" Kai says seriously.

Since when has my little girl been so grown up.

"Honey where am I going to find a nanny?" I ask.

"Well I know someone but you're not gonna like it..." She says.

"Tell me" I say.

She looks at me cautiously before sighing.

"Mr Chad" She said.

Well I didn't see that one coming. So he's a manny? Oh man.

"Honey I don't think so. He's your teacher" And an arsehole player.

"Mum you need to go out and have fun" She says.

"Okay okay" I finally give in.

"When I drop you off tomorrow I'll ask him if he can baby sit tomorrow night" I say.

She squeals happily. I think my little girl has a little school girl crush. Every girl has a crush on a teacher. It's cute.

"Mum I'm gonna go to bed" Kai says.

She walks to me and kisses my cheek.

"Night baby" I say as she walks to her room.

I look to see my little boys are asleep on the lounge room floor snuggled up together. I smile and remember times like this with their father.

-flash back-

"Go put a movie on while we eat" Brad says to Jack.

Running happily to the lounge room he puts on a movie. Brad moves to me and takes hold of my waist and kisses me lovingly.

"Once we finish this movie we're gonna have a bath together" He whispers huskily.

"Okay" I say giggling.

We walk into the lounge room watching a movie and eating dinner. Brad Kai and I are talking about which highs schools she wants to apply to.

"Alright I'm going sleep" Kai says sleepily.

She walks to me and hugs me. Then does the same with her father.

"Boys you shou-" I stop and smile as I see them asleep together.

"I'll take them to bed" Brad says.

He hops up and takes one boy in each arm. Taking them to their room he sets them down and tucks them in with a kiss on the cheek each.

-End flashback-

I wipe the tear from my eye and sigh. I pick jack up first and move him onto the lounge then move Michael onto the other one. Covering them both with blankets.

I walk to my own room. I haven't changed anything around. His things all in place still.

I have his calone which I spray on his favourite jumper. I wear his jumper at night. I get lonely and sad. This room has so many memories to it.

I sigh and put the jumper on. Stopping just to my undies and the jumper I hop into bed. Taking hold of his pillow I take hold of it and snuggle into it. It still smells like him. Slowly I fall asleep.