Sasha's Dilemma

Y/N's POV

"Travis has been doing very well at his part," Vylad tells me during rehearsal, "Him and Lucinda are going to make an amazing performance!" I feel a little pang of guilt for not telling Vylad about Gene and Travis's plan, but I find myself sort of glad to know that my brother did this for him. Never would I ever have thought those two could be friends, but now they're on the stage, rehearsing the lines together with Lucinda and her understudy, Teony. I smile and reply,
"Yeah, I'm proud of him." Suddenly, the backstage door swings open and everyone turns to look at Zenix in the doorway.
"Zenix?" Sasha walks over to him from her place testing costumes with Cadenza. She's wearing a dress that is going to be used in the ball scene. It's silver with orange accents and frills on the bottom of the skirts. The underskirt is orange and the hoop underneath causes the skirts to be enormous compared to Sasha's frame. She is also wearing a corset that is tightly around her torso; a lace shawl rests on her shoulders that is orange as well. As Sasha walks toward Zenix, he stares at her in awe. "What are you doing here?"
"Y-you forgot y-your s-snack..." Zenix stutters, holding out a brown paper sack, "I-it was in the s-science classroom u-under your desk... s-so I assumed y-you'd left it..." Sasha takes the sack with her gloved hand.
"Thanks," she turns around, a few wisps of her silver hair fall out of her high bun.
"Y-you look p-pretty..." Zenix says softly. Sasha looks over her shoulder,
"What did you say?"
"Uhhhh I-I..." Zenix fiddles with his fingers, starting to break a sweat. I find it rare to see him so nervous like this. "I-I said---"
"He said you look sexy in that dress!" Dante's voice comes out from over the speakers. I begin to laugh when Dante gives me a thumbs up from inside the lights and sound booth. Zenix turns red with embarrassment, clenching his fists and teeth,
"NO I DID NOT!!!" Dante laughs before turning the microphone off. "DANTE, I'M GOING TO KILL YOU!!!" Zenix runs toward the booth and starts banging on the door, "LET ME IN!!!"
"Crap, I'm being attacked by a Yandere!" Dante yells into the mic. Sasha is just staring at Zenix, a slight blush on her face.
"Guys," Vylad sighs, "please calm down."
"What's going on in here?" Gene asks, peeping through the curtain from onstage.
"Nothing, just go back to rehearsing," Vylad waves his arms to usher Gene away.
"Alright, whatever," he shrugs, sinking back through the curtain.
"Hey, Y/N...?" I hear Sasha say, and I look over at her. She's not looking at me when she asks, "Can I talk to you for a minute?"
"Yeah, what is it?" Sasha grabs my arm with her gloved hand and pulls me toward the doors to leave backstage.
"Where are you two going?" Vylad calls out to us as Sasha is pushing the door open.
"Er..." Sasha tassels with her skirts. "I thought that I'd measure Y/N for a dress just in case we needed more background people during the ball scene." She looks over at Cadenza, "Hey CeeCee, could you bring me a tape measure?"
"Alright, be quick," Vylad looks back at his clipboard. Cadenza strides over, wearing a similar gown to Sasha's. It's a soft green at the torso, while the skirts and green and white. A large white bow on the back ties around her hips.
"Here's one!" Cadenza is also wearing silk gloves and she hands Sasha a tape measure.
"Thanks."
"Cadenza, did you make these dresses all by yourself?" I ask. She smiles at me,
"Yes! I sewed the skirts and laced the corsets, while Sasha designs the accents and accessories."
"I'm also in charge of hair and makeup," Sasha adds, not sounding as enthusiastic as Cadenza. "Now c'mon, let's get you measured." Sasha and I walk out of the backstage door and out into the dimly-lit hallway. "Hold out your arms to the side."
"What did you want to talk to me about?" I follow Sasha's instructions, lifting my arms from my sides. Sasha wraps the tape measure around my waist and replies,
"You know how Zenix brought me my snack?"
"Yeah?"
"There was a note in the sack that I found," she says softly. Sasha releases the tape measure from around me and pulls out a folded piece of paper from inside of her left glove. She hands it to me and I unfold it to read it as Sasha wraps the tape measure around my hips. It says:

Dear Sasha,
I know your heart belongs to someone else, but I just wanted to tell you my heart longs for you. I regret not expressing my feelings before now, so I can only be upset at myself. Maybe we can still be friends...? I love you, Sasha.

-Zenix

"Is this a surprise to you?"
"WHAT DO YOU MEAN?!" Sasha hisses, dropping the tape measure, "OF COURSE IT'S A SURPRISE!" I look at Sasha to see her face bright red, eyes clouded.
"Zenix has had a crush on you for a while," I respond calmly. "He kind of got depressed when you started dating Jeff." Sasha runs her fingers through her hair, grabbing her head. I slightly smile, "And you're the one that said boys don't matter."
"Ugh, I know..." Sasha sighs, covering her eyes, "The worst part of it all is that he's my best friend..." she looks at me, her eyes looking terrified. "I don't want to lose him!" I think of how Laurence was scared of losing me because I loved Dante. He had gotten so afraid that he made me choose; then he regretted it. And look at our friendship now- he promised to come to the play even though I'm not an actress.
"Do you love Zenix?"
"Yes...? No! I don't know..." Sasha looks at the ground. "I don't know at all..."
"That's okay," I assure her and her bright purple eyes look back up at me. I was expecting her to be crying, but no tears were rolling down her cheeks. "We'll figure it out."

Thank you so much for reading this chapter! I hope you guys were okay with it being extra long! A new chapter will be out soon!
Nya,
Soccerkitty7