Chapter 21

.Two weeks later.

"Would you like a bottle of water or a soda or..me?" Harry Styles smiles at me, walking towards me.

"Yes, I would love-" I start only to be awoken quickly from my dream by a faint clicking sound. Fuck. I slowly sit up and check the time. 3:17 am.

I stand from my bed and turn on my lamp, looking around the room. I glance at my window as the sound comes back, louder this time.

I follow the source of the sound, leading me to the window. I pull the blinds open and see Alex standing on the grass, throwing rocks at my window.

I stare down at her and then put my hand on the window, praying that the alarm won't go off as I push the window open.

It doesn't go off. I sigh and stick my head out the window. "What are you doing here?" I scream whisper down to her.

"How about we save the interrogation for later, and for now, you toss me down some rope or something?" she says back.

I groan and toss down a rope that I've kept sitting by my window lately, thinking something like this would happen with Alex. I was right.

She catches it as I hold onto it in my bedroom. She climbs up and into my room, tripping over the window sill. She falls in. "Shit," she says, laying on her back.

A snicker escapes my mouth as she glares up at me, standing. "What are you doing here at three in the morning?" I ask.

"Gee, I'm overwhelmed by your excitement to see me," she says.

"Yay, your back from your week and a half long trip to New York! I missed you," I say, kissing her. "Now why are you here?"

"My parents are pissed at me."

"Why?"

"I started shit with my 'family' that lives up there."

"What kinda shit?"

"My mom told them I was 'with a new girl'. They said no surprise and shit like that. I got pissed, said a few things I definitely meant, and left. I'm supposed to be grounded, and they decided to get me up at three in the morning to tell me, so I left and came here."

"Ohh."

"Yeah," she sighs, sitting on my bed. I look at her. She sits in a gray t-shirt and navy blue basketball shorts, black socks on her feet with Nike slides, her hair down and a teeny bit wavy.

"Are you hungry? I'm kinda hungry," I say.

"I'm fine."

"There's something on your mind, what's on your mind?"

"Nothing."

"Cut the crap. Tell me or back to your house you go."

"..I'm tired of everyone bringing up all the shit I've done. I'm tired of everyone assuming I'd do it again. I'm so fucking tired of it. If I could go back in time, I would. If I..if I could just go and apologize I would, I'm not that person anymore, and no one seems to see it," she says, looking at me. I can see sadness in her eyes.

"I see it."

"Only you. You're the only person who fucking cares."

"That's not true," I shake my head.

"Yes, it is! My adoptive parents don't give a shit about me! Why else would they let me do all the shit I do? No one cares!"

"Emma, Harlie, and Josh care."