Chapter 3: Mission!

Start from the beginning

"Jeez! Alexandra! what took you so long?!" I was quickly bombarded by a sharp glare coming from a very angry looking Lillith.

"Well, who told you to wait for me?" I retorted confused as I saw both Elysia and Azaiah also sitting at the diner.

"Sorry, we forgot to tell you yesterday," Elysia quickly said, "our first class is a personal class taught by our mentor, were all supposed to get there at the same time and if one of us is late, we are all marked tardy"

Whaaaat!

"What kind of school have I gotten myself into!" I whined as I took an apple from the fruit basket on the table.

"One that has a pretty bad case of teamwork rules stamped all over it, so you better hurry up!" Lillith barked once again.

"Okay, Okay, " I said, "I'll just finish my apple on the way."

Everyone nodded and we all rushed out the apartment and I immediately stopped to take in everything going on in the lobby. People were also rushing out of their apartments trying not to be late to class. Seems like a totally normal thing right? Right?

Not when there's people with enormous wings, tiny little midgets with sharp ears, and semi translucent bodies floating around! Let me just say... Holy-freaking-moley!

 I almost had the urge to run back inside when Elysia took my arm and hurriedly dragged me down the stairs after Lillith and Azaiah, "Sorry, but I don't want to be late either." Still dazed, I just kept silent and stepped one foot in front of the other copying a very frenzied Elysia.

Wings, super tall people with super huge wings...Small tiny people with long sharp ears and ghost looking beings floating around! I think I also caught sight of a girl with cat like ears and a long orange tail. Not to mention a guy with the bottom half of his body resembling a horse.

Well, reality just really did slap me in the face...with a tad bit sprinkle of fantasy!!! For real! I could already imagine my probably pale face drained off every drop of blood. The you look like you just saw a ghost joke didn't seem as funny now...

Soon we were out of the building and crossing the path lined with different colored flowers we had walked through yesterday.

"Wait, why are we going back to the forest?" I asked half concerned and half freaked out by the other people that look like they just stepped out of Narnia, Harry Potter and Alice in Wonderland put together.

"Were going to class," Elysia explained as we entered the enchanted looking forest. The trees loomed over us and blocked most of the sunlight from entering.

"In the forest?!"

Azaiah spoke for the first time since the morning and it seemed that even though he hadn't shown it, he was indeed very irritated, "Yes Alexandra! In the forest! I'm sorry but you're not in Chicago anymore! let alone in America! Now can you please keep your mouth shut until we get to class?"

Jeez! Pfft you could have just said so! "Okay, jeez calm down."

Someone woke up in the wrong side of bed!

I sighed. Being late seems more of a big deal here. I wonder what's the punishment for being tardy. A shiver ran coldly down my spine. Wait no scratch that, I don't want to know.

After a couple of minutes of silence and trudging through the dense forest, we opened out to a clearing near a small creak. The smell of nature was intoxicating, right away my nerves seemed to flow out of me and into the passing breeze.

Sitting on a small rock was a lady with big, beautiful, butterfly wings. Gosh I got to get used to this...

 As soon as she saw us she smiled, "Well, one more minute and you would have been late-- oh! a new unit member!" Even though she was still far away, her voice seemed like it was tinkling right next to my ear.