"But," she held up a hand, "I have a 10 page essay that's due tomorrow, so I have to be home by at least 11."

Tine paused then nodded.

"A curfew. Ok, I can work with that."

"I'm serious, T."

She held her hands up in defense. "I'll get you home before 11. I promise."

~

It was 10:30 and Lauren had no intention of going home in 30 minutes. Once again, she'd let alcohol go to her head and influence her decisions. She sat alone at the bar in club 124 waiting on Tina to come out of the restroom. Lauren knew she'd take a while considering she followed some guy there.

Lauren watched the dance floor from her spot on the bar stool. Everyone looked as if they were having a good time. So was she. It felt good to be doing something other than school work and working in an old record store.

She snapped out of her daze when the attractive bartender with the nice eyes placed a glass of brown liquor on the bar in front of her.

"I didn't-"

"The man over there ordered it for you," he told her as he pointed across the bar to a dark hair man with a familiar face. The man smiled.

Her heart sank.

Lauren quickly looked down at the drink in front of her. No, this can't be happening. She'd almost forgotten how long it'd been. Memories of the last time they'd seen each other flooded her thoughts and her lower region began to tingle. This was more than butterflies.
The tension was too much. She stood from the bar stool and made her way in the direction of the bathroom, abandoning the drink.

Was she rude for ignoring him? Her drunk mind couldn't tell. She could barley tell right from wrong with her drunk mindset.

She needed to find Tina and get the hell out of here before she did something she'd regret later on.

Once she was alone in the dark hall where the bathroom was, she leaned against it and pressed a hand to her chest. Oh, God.

"Lauren."

She jumped in surprise when she turned to see Zayn inching towards her. She'd already locked eyes with Dean at the bar and now him? This had to be a test from Satan himself.

"What are you doing here?" Lauren stood up straight in her stilettos and fitted dress. His gaze made her feel naked. It felt as if this hallway was getting narrower by the second.

"Looking for you," he said.

Lauren took a few steps backward until her back hit the wall as Zayn neared her. He took her by surprise when he placed both hands on the sides of her neck and pressed his lips against hers. It wasn't until now that she realized how much she missed him. Them.

She pulled away to catch her breath, her hands still on his shoulders.

"I missed you," he whispered into her neck.

Lauren looked away and and down to the ground beneath them.

"I can't lie, I missed you, too. You and Dean," she admitted.

Zayn looked away for a second to ponder. Then, locked eyes with her again.

"Come home with us. Just for tonight," he proposed, his hands softly caressing her sides in an attempt to seduce her.

Lauren rolled her eyes and smiled.

"You know what happened the last time we said 'just for tonight.'"

Deep down, they both wanted it to happen again. And again. But emotionally, Lauren didn't know if she could handle it. Right now, it didn't matter.

"So, you're saying no?" He seemed taken back.

Lauren took both of his hands and slid them down to her behind while she looked at him daringly.

"No, I'm saying let's get out of here."

The end.

A/n
I really hope you guys enjoyed this read. It's the first time I've ever written anything like this so I hope it wasn't too bad. Thanks for all the love and support. I have a new work coming soon and it's gonna be dark ;).