•Prologue

"Your paintings." The tall handsome man approached her, swiping a glass of wine off of a passing serving tray. "They're very...dark."

She didn't take offense to his remark. Her paintings weren't exactly colorful and happy. The abstract art included dark hues and nothing more. Just the way she liked it.

"I'm aware." She hummed.

The woman noted the way he looked at her. As if she was some sort of prey. The man took a sip of the wine and she watched the way his Adam's apple bounce. He glanced at one of her paintings and she took the opportunity to look at his ring finger. Naked. In That moment she spotted a mass of tattoos peeking out from underneath the cuffs of his shirt. The designs were beautiful. She could paint them in her sleep.

"Where do you get your inspiration?" His accent was faint and his voice was so deep and scraggly. The man stroked his raven  hair out of his line of vision.

They finally locked eyes. His were a sterling grey. She nearly lost herself in them.

"Everywhere." The answer was vague yet acceptable.

More people started to enter the small gallery to view her paintings. In some ways, the woman felt a bit exposed that everyone was judging her works. Why did I let Tina talk me into this, she thought to herself.

The man smirks. "You don't talk much, do you?"

What she wouldn't do for a cigarette right then. But no, she wasn't a big talker, she was a big thinker. Her words got her in trouble often.

"Not much." She bit her bottom lip, playing with the laces on the front of her dress. It showed more leg than she was comfortable with but it was appropriate for the event.

"Oh, so you're one of those mystery girl. You know, the ones that are quiet but interesting?"

What the hell does he really want? Men always want something.

"There's nothing interesting about me." She assured him.

Silver eyes looked over her shoulder and she followed his gaze to see who caught his attention. Behind her was another tall man who had black hair that brought out his hazel eyes. He stood as tall as the man she was talking to previously and he had the same effect of her. The amount of testosterone in that corner of the room was almost overwhelming for her.

"I think you're more interesting than you let on." The new guys says in a much thicker accent than his buddy. The man was a work of art to her. His features were perfectly sculpted. Her curious fingers itched to touch him. Both of them practically oozed sex and danger. It thrilled her in more ways then one.

She tore her eyes away from the two men to look for Tina in the crowd of people. Her friend stands by the mini bar chatting it up with the attractive waitress that's obviously gay. Tina is so oblivious.

"Excuse me." The woman attempts to push past one of the men but he holds his ground.

Hazel eyes cleared his throat and she glanced at him over her shoulder. Who were these two sexy goddesses holding her hostage?

"You never told us your name," said the man.

This was her event and half of the people viewing her works didn't even know her name. She never signed any of her paintings either. The woman was practically anonymous to the world and she wanted to keep it that way.

"It's not important." I'm not important. She walked off in search of strong liquor and a cigarette.