Prologue

I pick my way carefully over to my mother. She is ordering other faires around telling them where to put things for yet another dinner with other royals.

"Oh, come here baby." Mom says. She pulls me into a hug.

"I'm not a baby any more mom." I tell her sternly.

"Your only six years old sweetie, of course your still my baby." Mom smiles pulling me into a second hug. I groan in embarassment, the kids in school would have laughed at me if they saw this.

"Well, I came here to ask you where daddy is." I say.

"Your father... hmm... I think he went to the mermaid kingdom." Mom says.

"You think?" I tease mom.

"I know." Mom laughs. I adore my mom, she is beautiful, the queen for the fairy realm and her laughs are moments where she shines. She has long red hair that flows to her lower back, and may I add, pencil straight. She has beautiful hazel eyes and her skin is pale, but not pale enough to be a vampire.

"I'm home!" Daddy calls.

"Daddy!" I shriek, flying over to him. I barrel into him for a hug and he stumbles back a bit.

"How's my little Princess Alexandra?" Daddy chuckles.

"Very good, but mom is giving me a headache from all the people she is bossing around." I say truthfully.

"How about we go to the tailor and see if your dress is ready?" Daddy suggests.

"Yes!" I smile.

"But you have to walk, I can't fly so it's not fair if you can." Daddy says. I giggle a bit.

"Of course your highness." I say putting my feet on the ground.

"I may be a king, but you are my daughter. You are not to call me anything but daddy." Daddy says sternly. You see, my father is the king of the mermaid realm. My mother and father rule their realms together.

"Yes daddy." I sigh. We walk upstairs and into one of the many rooms. The tailor is there, making my dress for the dinner tonight, although he's behind a curtain.

"When will it be done?" My dad asks interupting the tailors work.

"Soon! But I wish for it to be a surprise to the princess! So, if you don't mind Princess Alexandra, will you please leave." The tailor says from behind the curtain.

"Of course!" I smile, even though he can't see me, before walking out with daddy.

"You excited?" Daddy asks.

"For the dress, yes, for the dinner, no." I reply. Daddy laughs.

"They aren't royals you know." Daddy says. I feel my face light up at that.

"They aren't?" I ask.

"Nope... a new pack has moved into the forest around the castle, we are inviting the Alpha, the Luna, their son and the Beta to come for supper tonight." Daddy explains.

"The Alphas son?" I muse.

"Yes. He is nine." Daddy smiles.

"Three years older than me." I murmur.

"If you have a crush on him before you've even met him... that's just weird." Daddy laughs. I feel the blood rise to my cheeks.

"I'm not crushing on him... yet." I smirk at the last part. Daddy laughs. I fly downstairs with daddy on my heels.

"What if he doesn't like me because of my ears?" I ask sadly. I look into a huge mirror and my gaze lands on my ears. I've always hated them. They are long and pointy. Very long and pointy. I don't know who made the movie Arther and The Invisibles, but they obviously knew what fairy ears looked like because those are the kinds of ears they gave the invisibles.