Kurapika speaks once more, finishing his explanation, "In any case, Killua was not in control of his own actions. Thus, he should not have been disqualified!"

Chairman Netero turns slightly, responding with, "That is mere speculation. There is no proof. There were no clear signs of manipulation. In fact, I would question the claim that he was hypnotized." Netero goes on to explain that Leorio was evenly matched with his opponent, so there was no reason for Killua to interfere. 

You sit back in your seat, annoyed, as another participant named Pokkle starts arguing with Kurapika, saying his win against Hisoka was suspicious. Kurapika argues back saying Pokkle's own win is suspicious. Tired of this petty squabble, you stand up, slamming your hand on the desk in front of you as you do, "Can we just end this, already?! This has been going on for half an hour now. Obviously, he's going to stay disqualified, there's no physical proof! You're arguing about nothing!"

Leorip turns around, angrily shouting, "Who's side are you on, anyways?!"

Kurapika only glances back at you.

You weren't expecting that. Deciding it's best to not irritate the situation anymore, you sit back down. 

In the end, Gon says that it doesn't matter if he's disqualified, he can take it again. He's obviously come to terms with the unfortunate event. However, he's angry that his brother forced him to kill again, and against his will. He spouts out something about making Illumi pay, but only by not letting him see Illumi ever again. 

Netero finally ends this and agrees with Gon. To finish this lecture off, you're given your Hunter's license, and sent on your way. Letting out a sigh of relief, you stand up from your seat, and head outside. As you're stepping out of the doorway, you hear Gon and his pals talking to Illumi, and demanding to see Killua. Illumi doesn't fight this, and tells them they'll find him at kukuroo mountain. Instantly, you realize what they're doing, and decide to go after them, as they walk away from him. 

When you catch up to them next, Kurapika is sitting on a bench while his friends surrounding him, discussing where to find Kukuroo mountain. You stay back as they say their goodbye's to Pokkle and Hanzo. 

"Hey, sorry to interrupt," You announce your presence, as you're walking up to the group, stopping to stand beside Leorio. 

The group immediately turns to look at you, Leorio, looking angry, and Kurapika with a straight face, and Gon keeping his normal positive disposition. Unsurprisingly, Leorio clenches his fists, "What do you want??"

You sigh, expecting this, completely, but perk up, a smile coming to your face, "Nothing, I just wanted to apologize for saying those things earlier. I was so annoyed from all the fighting and sitting for so long. I don't actually mean that, I promise." 

"That's oka-" Gon begins, but Leorio's quick to cut him off, still not buying it.

"Do you even care about Killua?! He's a good buddy of ours, but you don't actually know him, at all"

Kurapika sighs, clearly annoyed at his friend's hotheadedness. 

You keep your calm disposition, "No, I don't know him that well, but you must be a good friend for defending him so well." 

Leorio's fists unclench instantly, and he rubs the back of his neck, face light red, muttering, "Oh, well, thank you."

Your smile grows, "No problem. But I didn't mean to insult your friend." You look down at Gon, grabbing something out of the backpack hanging off your shoulder. "I don't know you very well, Gon, but I apologize for being rude." In your hand, you hold a small keychain of a fluffy tiger. You hold it out to him, explaining, "I picked this up on the way here. It's a good luck charm." You place it into his now held out hand, "I want you to have it. I hope it will help you find your friend."

"Wow, really, (Y/N)?!" Gon examines the tiger for a second, then looks back up at you with a bright smile, "Thank you! But it's yours, dont you want it?"

You shake your head, "You'll get more use out of it than me."

"We can return it to you." Kurapika says, now joining in the conversation. Gon and Leorio look back at him, confused. "Do you have a piece of paper? I'll write down a date and a place for you."

You nod, not thinking it necessary, but wanting to see them again. You take out a notebook and pen from your backpack and hand it to him. He scribbles down something and hands it back to you, "Does that work?"

Nodding, you read the text, September first, Yorknew City. Odd. "Alright, I'll be there. Good luck on your trip, guys." You say, as you turn to walk away, but Gon stops you by asking, 

"What kind of hunter are you gonna be, (Y/N)?"

You smile, turning back towards him, and replying with, "I'm sure you'll find out, soon." With a quick wink, you turn back around, and begin your journey.

"Was-was I really that mean?" You ask, worried that Kurapika may be mad at you because of that.

He shakes his head, smiling softly at you, "You were only annoyed, and you apologized,too, so you have no reason to worry, (Y/N)."

You nod, still nervous. Pointing to the charm, you ask, "So, that's a good luck charm? Why do you still have it?"

"That's another story, and I have some work to do, so I cannot stay any longer. I apologize, (Y/N)." He explains in a soft and sweet tone. "I'll come back tomorrow before work. You can keep this to think of me if you get lonely." Kurapika places the charm into your hand, leaving both of his hands ontop of it for a few seconds as he asks, "Do you remember anything more?"

You swallow, nervous about how to answer, "I-I can picture some of what you told me. But not a lot of it. I'm sorry, Kurapika."

He squeezes your hand a bit tighter. "Don't worry, you'll remember. I don't know when. But you will. I promise." With that, he stands up, letting go of your hand, and straightening out his suit. As he walks towards the door, he stops at the sound of your voice,

"Tomorrow?"

He turns back at you, smiling, "Tomorrow."

You hold the charm tight in your grip, "I'll be waiting for you, Kurapika."