Chapter 4

CHAPTER FOUR || Plan A

Elijah called the meeting. Marcel, Rebekah, Hayley, and I all met in the living area of the mansion and so it started.

Plan A.

"We all know that Niklaus is out of control and we know we need to do something about it." I began.

"Isabella is the only one that can get Niklaus at his most vulnerable, she is the only one that will be able to knock him unconscious just until we can secure him somewhere where he cannot escape. Tonight." Elijah finished.

"Tonight?" Rebekah questioned.

"Yes. The ball is tonight. Klaus wants us all to attend to celebrate his victory in taking over Orleans. His power will be no longer and things will be back to normal." I sighed.

"Niklaus is unpredictable. We have to remain ourselves tonight. He can't predict anything unless one of us is suspicious."

"That won't be hard at all." Rebekah smiled.

•••

"If you have any doubts, tell me now." Elijah worried.

"I know Niklaus. I can handle him." I assured him.

Elijah nodded gently. He placed a simple kiss upon my cheek before straightening his blue tie. He turned on his heels to walk into the estate that was Niklaus new house located in the dead center of New Orleans. It had all the action which is why Niklaus wanted it so badly. It was also the house that he lived in years ago. Many many years ago.

I waited several minutes after Elijah had entered. I didn't want suspicion to rise at the beginning of the party.

The aroma of the event inhaled through my lungs and it brought a smile to my lips. It smelled of fresh lavender and the smell of ice; if ice had a smell. It was oddly freezing in the room but I think that was the idea. To have a snow ball type party with acrobats turning on swings hanging above and men and woman everywhere wearing masks to cover their identities.

I hadn't known it was a masquerade party. I didn't have a lace mask.

"You look very beautiful." Rebekah says walking up to me, a smile forming over her glossed lips.

I return a smile, wrapping my arms around her cold frame to hug her gently. My eyes spotted Niklaus out of the corner of my peripheral and I inhaled to rest my heart that was oddly beating at an unexpected rate.

In a blink of an eye, Niklaus disappeared. He ended of appearing again but this time he was standing directly in front of me. I pulled away from Rebekah to give Niklaus a smile.

"It's a beautiful event." I spoke.

"Thank you. You look beautiful." He smirked.

"I know." I cocked a grin. "Get me a drink, will you?" I smiled.

Niklaus narrowed his eyes before disappearing to the bar. I looked to Rebekah to give her an assuring look even though I was just trying to assure myself.

I knew how powerful Niklaus was. He'd done worse things in his past and I knew what he was capable of, even to me. He loved me. I knew this but I also knew that he would dagger me as easily as he would his own siblings.

"Can I have this dance?" Niklaus asked, holding his palm outwards in hopes that mime would embrace his.

Forgetting my drink in the progress.