While waiting for it to cook, I went back to the fruits to finish peeling it.  As I was down to the last kiwi, I could smell something burning.

My eyes popped as I rushed over to the pan, quickly turning the toast around. The toast were burnt and some of them were already too burnt to be saved.

"What are you doing Hae Ri?" I heard Yi Eun's voice and I turned around to find him leaning against the wall lazily with half opened eyes and ruffled hair. My heart skipped a bit at his dishevelled and sudden appearance.

"Yah! You are not supposed to be here." I yelled and he yawned," Go back to sleep!"

"How could I sleep with you burning down my kitchen?" He retorted and I walked over to his side and forcefully turn him around while pushing him to the bed.

He was being so stubborn, making me use up all the strength I had in me to push him back to bed. I let out a breath of relief when I finally saw how close we were to the bed. I took in a breath and gave him a final push only to find him not there anymore and laying lazily on the bed already. My reaction wasn't that quick however and I felt face flat on the bed, or should I say his chest.

I could feel his chest moving up and down slowly as he took in breaths. My heart started to pick up at this close proximity between us. My eyes scurried all over the place as I tried to regain my composture but it stopped when I saw his eyes. He was looking back at me as well, with a look that was deep in thought. I was lost in his eyes for a moment and I felt his hands on the back of my waist all of a sudden. I could feel the warmth of his hands seep in through my clothes onto my back. It wasn't uncomfortable, it was comforting.

I broke eye contact first, feeling his stare to be too intense and my eyes flickered to that red lips of his. I bit my lip as I wondered how it would feel to press my lips against his.

Oh shit.

What am I thinking?

"The toast is burning." Yi Eun suddenly spoke out, breaking me out from
my daze.

"What?" I quickly got out from Yi Eun's grip as I ran over to the kitchen to check on the toast. I let out a grunt of frustration as I saw none of the toast being able to be saved.

"It's done!" I quickly mumbled out to step out of the awkwardness as I set up the table

"It's done!" I quickly mumbled out to step out of the awkwardness as I set up the table. Nevertheless to say, after that incident, I felt really awkward and the quiet atmosphere besides the sizzling of the pan did not help.

Yi Eun took the seat opposite of me and sat down while I handed the toast to him. I took my seat as well and bit into one of them. I let out a sigh as I realized how sweet it was. I had put too much sugar.

Yi Eun took a bit of his as well and I observed his facial expressions. Surprisingly he didn't grimace and simply just ate them
all.

"I'm sorry, I can't cook that well." I mumbled as I continued with the second piece of my toast. At least it would make me full.

My breakfast had been a failure of course. Almost all the toast were semi-burnt and they were all too sweet. I had the habit of overcooking food, I never knew when they would be ready.

"It's not that bad." Yi Eun commented as he ate the fruits I had cut up. He had already finished all his toast.

"Do you want some more?" I mumbled, offering him my share as his eyebrows formed a crease. He grabbed my wrist as he took the plate out of my hand and spread my fingers out," What happened?"

I really wasn't fit to be a cook. In my haste to do the toast and cut the fruits at the same time, I had multiple cuts and burns on my hand already. It was all quite small though and I hadn't notice it until Yi Eun mentioned it.

"Well, the fruits happened." I mumbled and he shook his head as he made his way to the closet with medicine and took out an ointment.

I sat in silence as he went to take the seat beside me and stretch out his palm towards me. I put the 'injured' hand onto his palm and he began to meticulously applied the ointment. I looked at him and realized how breathtaking it was. He had a small crease between his eyebrows as he slowly apply the ointment, with soft, gentle strokes before putting on the plaster.

Without thinking, I put one finger of my
free hand onto the crease, pushing it slightly, hoping to smooth it out. Yi Eun eased the muscles there and looked up onto me. I bit my lip as I looked away.

"I'm sorry." I mumbled and I could feel a hint of confusion on his face.

"I'm sorry for the ruined breakfast and that day for not telling you beforehand and making you worry." I continued and a note of comprehension filled him, his hands still on mine. I couldn't help but marvel over how soft his hands were.

"And this breakfast was to make up for it
but it failed." I frowned and he gave me a small smile before getting his hands out from mine and pushed one of fingers on my forehead, mimicking my actions.

"It's okay, I'm the one that should apologize." He muttered and I nodded my head gingerly, making him chuckle.

"You practically treated me as if I were not there for the past few days," I reasoned as he sighed.

"I'm sorry for that Hae Ri. It's just I had been conflicted with myself." He explained and I raised an eyebrow.

"Conflicted with?" I asked and he shook his head.

"Nothing. I won't do that again, I promise." He mumbled as he pressed his lips ever so softly onto my forehead, lips simply just grazing onto my skin but making me want more. I could hear my thumping heartbeat as I held my breath.

"Silly girl," He muttered as he looked intensely into my eyes with me simply sitting there staring back to him," You better inform me where you are going next time. You are my responsiblity and I wouldn't want you to be lost on my watch. This would make me a very irresponsible person."

Does it seem weird if I were to be quite disappointed by what he had said? It seems as if I was expecting something else.

So all his actions just weighed down to responsibility, his responsiblity of being my husband.

With that, the warmth of his hands against mine, his body slightly pressed against mine disappeared as he stood up to clear the dishes. I followed behind him, wanting to give him a hand but he insisted on washing them and simply making me dry them.

What I was feeling was quite weird.  What was with the disappointment I had felt?

I felt water dropplets splashed onto my face, breaking me out from my thoughts. Yi Eun had a cheeky look on his face," You had been drying the plate for how long already? If you don't want to help,you could have just said so."

"Yah! Park Yi Eun!" I yelled as he splashed me with another dose of water.

I put down the plate that was on my hand onto the table and was about to take revenge when Yi Eun ran away. He literally ran away, in this small apartment.

"You are so going to get it!" I yelled as I ran to catch up with him.

I wish we can always have days like this.