#CandyGirl

Harmony

I followed Keith over to the corner of the back lot after the rest of the guys took off. To be honest I wasn't sure that taking a ride from him was professional. I was trying to be about my job, and Keith definitely made things difficult. He was exactly my type, tall, handsome, the right tone of chocolate... but he was also technically my responsibility, and I wanted to be a production manager for BET way more than I wanted to lay up under some man... even when the man was that fine.

"This you?" I asked as he stopped in front of a brand new looking Jeep

"This is me. Don't laugh at my corny as ride." He joked 

I shook my head, "No, it's nice. It looks brand new, I'm just surprised. I've seen Luke and Bryshere's cars, I assumed you owned a Range or something." 

His smile faltered a bit, looking away from me to fumble with his keys and unlock the door. 

"Sorry to disappoint." He said 

'Damn it Harmony,' I thought to myself, 'Now you look like a boogie ass bitch'

"Oh no! This is MUCH more my style, I always worry when people tell me to hop into a Benz, I don't know if I'm supposed to let the floor touch my shoes or not." I said, trying to save the conversation as I slid into his passenger seat

Keith smiled again, "To be honest, I bought it two years ago, when I first moved out here, and I just didn't see the  point in getting something else, I like this car." 

"It's nice. I thought it was brand new when we walked up." I said, hoping my compliment would make him think I was less of a bitch than I sounded like

He chuckled a little and reached for his charger phone charger, keeping his eyes on the road as we pulled out into traffic. 

"You good?" He asked, holding the charger out for me

Quickly, I rummaged through my bag and found my phone, clicking the lock button to check my battery

"57%," I replied, "What are you at?" 

He pulled his phone out of the center console and handed it to me for me to check. Clicking his lock button I immediately noticed he had a couple of new texts, including one from a girl named Zendaya with a whole crap ton of emojis next to her name. Ignoring them, I flicked my eyes up to his battery and rattled off his percentage.

"You're at 83%, I win" I said, taking the charger from him and plugging in my phone before handing him his back. 

He dropped his phone back into the console and focused on driving. We sat in silence for a few moments before I noticed the time.

"Oh shit." I said under my breath

He glanced at me quickly, concern on his face. "What's wrong?"

"Nothing," I shook my head, "It's just a little later than I thought it was. Do you mind if we swing by my office first? They lock the whole building down at 8 and I don't want you to feel like  you have to rush at your house." 

"Yeah, that's totally fine. Might be a little easier that way anyway." He smiled 

"Thank you so much! I'm so sorry you have to do this." 

He laughed, "Don't sweat it ma. It's like 15 extra minutes, I woulda spent that in the line for the drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A any way." 

"I haven't had chick-fil-a in a hot minute!" I laughed at the mention of the joint

This was apparently blasphemous to Keith. 

"What do you mean you ain't been t chick-fil-a? I thought you lived in California?" He asked shocked