-KAREEM-

There was Joanie, Nicki, Raniece, Frankie, Nicole, Maliyah, Justina, Mariah, Lynne & Traniece. And I could only name them because they were the only ones I could remember. I rubbed my hands through my long dreads and stroked my goatee,  thinking about what just took place. My nerves were horrendous who would have thought I Kareem the dream would be dealing with this right now. Just a couple months ago I was dealing with Justina talking about that baby was mine, knowing good and hell well it wasn't not an ounce of melanin is in that child. Shit but this right here tops it all. I had just got off the phone with Dr.Ngo giving me my results and everything came back clear... Except the fact that I have chlamydia. How in the hell did I get chlamydia? Joanie, it had to be Joanie! I wrapped up with everyone else, except Joanie!

I drove around contemplating on what I should do. Thankfully chlamydia is treatable, but trust and believe Joanie's ass was gonna hear it from me. Shit I guess it's my fault, fucking with a stripper and all. Had nigga thinking he was superman, until now. I turned my car into Bethany's and headed inside. It was only around noon but I knew Joanie was going to be here already if she wasn't on the pole she was bartending, this place was like her second home.

I walked into the smoke-filled building and head to Don's office. Don was the owner of Bethany's and we've bee cool since I've been in her in Hillsford. I knocked twice and let myself in. Don was sitting at his desk cigar and mouth counting out hella dollars.

"Dime here?" I asked taking a seat across from him.

He let out a small grin and look back down at his money, " Yea, Dime here. Need I private room again?"

"Yup." I said unaware on what I was about to do. " Don't tell her who it is though... I wanna surprise her." I was escorted to the lounge by two very voluptuous ladies that were around Don all the time. I walked in to the dark colored room with burgundy velvet drapes and sat down on the plush couch. As I waited I put my dreads up in bun and adjusted my watch. Joanie walked into the room in "Joanie Dime" fashion a g-string & some pasties. Nothing more, nothing less as hard as I was this shit right here is what got me in trouble before.  When she finally realized who I was she jumped on me grinding her hips to the music, kissing all over my neck. Man oh man I wanted some! But, getting some from her was my issue now. I pushed her off a little too forcefully as she tumbled to the floor.

"The hell is wrong with you!!!" She shouted.

The music was loud enough so it wasn't even worried about anyons busting in or attempting to ear hustle. "YOU!" I shouted back.

She jumped back, appearing startled and confused, "Me?"

"Yes you, you deaf now?" I questioned.

"The hell did I do to you?"

"Shit where you wanna start?"

"From the fucking beginning Kareem!"

"Let's start off with those damn screenshots you put on my car Valentine's day. You set out to destroy my relationship with Kandice then you turned around and gave me Chlamydia!?! Joanie really!"

"I'm not the one who put that shit in your car. Granted I was there but that was April's ass. I could do some pretty scummy things but that's not one of them. And I may be a stripper but I be damned if I put my body on full display on a niggas car just to make a bitch mad."

"Watch that bitch word Joan..."

"Whatever. Another thing Reem, you are grown I can't make you do anything you don't want to do,understand. Everytime you went down on me you can controlled that! Everytime I went down on you, baby you could have said stop. Everytime we fucked, sucked, licked you had control of yourself! Yes. Yes, I did have chlamydia but I got it treated. And before you even bring more bull through your crusty ass lips I did call you & text you but you blocked me Kareem!"

"Aye---"

"Aye nothing, this is the last you'll ever hear or see of me again!"

-:-

The next day

Football practice seemed to have gone on for forever. Coach was taking no prisoners today, we had been here since 2 and it was now 7. Myself and the rest of the team were hitting the showers before we left for tonight's festivities.

"Aye y'all hitting up that wack ass hide & seek thing tonight?" Tyrek asked. Tyrek was a 7year senior year here at Grantly so everything was wack to him shit he's been here too damn long he's experienced all this shit already.

"You already know I'm in there!" Loto said loudly.

"My nigga only going to get a glimpse of Nany." David chimmed in.

"And your ass going to push up on Kai again so fall back." Loto snapped back playfully. It had been awhile since David and Kai had interacted with one another but everyone knew he still had feelings for that girl, despite him being with April.

"Dead that shit. I'm happily taken."

"Nigga please!!" Joseph chimmed with the rest of the group cracking endless jokes.

-:-

"Dead that, they cancelled the hide & seek thing so what y'all on?" I called and asked Loto.

"Nariah and Mike tryna cook again, so we having like a taco night over at they crib. Slide through with me?" Loto asked.

"Who all gone be there?" I questioned.

" Bro it don't matter! Either you gone stay at home eating your Ritz Crackers with yo shrimp noodles or you gone slide through."

"Alright, don't be sleeping on my noodles and crackers that shit be smacking though on baby!"

"Look nice g & be on your best behavior, Kandi back in town."

"Word?" I questioned.

I hadn't seen Kandice since a couple days after Valentine's Day. Truth be told I missed her, I missed her like crazy. I remember how we first met at the gym, I remember our first date at Prima Vista. Man I remember how she was running from Nariah because of the incident that happened and she ran directly to me. I was her home a way from home, I was her comfort zone and I betrayed her trust. I knew as well as everyone else knew there was no way in hell I'd ever be able to get her back. Man that's like the devil being allowed back in heaven....NEVER GONNA HAPPEN! You win some you lose some and I lost Kandice to something that was temporary and I'll regret for the rest of my life.

Short once again but I just wanted to show you all Kareem is still in the picture and David is still alive as well he hasn't just fallen off neither has characters like Joanie. They'll be in snippets her and there. I also want to address that Kareem isn't a saint but shoot neither is Joanie more eventually will be brought to the light in regards to their relationship a little later. Next chapter is kind of a filler I'm trying to come up with more ideas and for the flow of the book to go by better but it's incredibly hard. So bare with me excuse all mistakes.

Love you guys xoxo 😘