22

I see Ethan laying down on his bed. Should I tell him what happened? To be honest, I feel like I should because I don't feel safe around Grayson.

I hid behind the door hinge thinking of a way to surprise Ethan.

"Boo!" I run up to him as I sit in his lap. I missed his touch so much more compared to Gray's.  He puts his hands on my waist and pulls me closer to his face.

"Baby, you seem stressed out. Talk to me" He oughts to know my situation.

Ethans POV

I pulled my baby closer to me as she jumped on me.

"You seem stressed out baby, Is everything okay?" I asked in concern.

She sighed before telling me her predicament.

"It's just Grayson stressing me out. I can't handle it anymore. And he can't even handle himself when I'm around him..." She blabbers on. My finger finds it way to her mouth and I softly rested it against her soft lips,

"Shh, baby" I hug her tightly, making her feel loved.

I know this is a risky move, but I really want to take her out tonight. She's in need of luxury. She hasn't had that in a month.

"Hayley, I think we should go out to the restaurant today." I look up at her, my eyes meeting her ocean/hazelish eyes.

"But Ethan, I can't. I'll get caught and your dad will probably find you" She raises her eyebrows as I can hear how worried she is.

"Would you rather stay here all day, or get fresh air and go out for dinner?"

She sighed. "Fine. I guess I'll go get ready" Hayley slides off my lap and goes into the bathroom.

---

"You can't go out! You'll get caught"

I try not to acknowledge Grayson. Walking past him while I'm grabbing my keys and almost walking out before Grayson slams his hands on the door.

"I said, you're not fucking going out." He furrows his eyebrows, making a screw face.

"Says who?" I feel some tension rising between us.

"Says m-" Grayson stops midway as he heard Hayleys voice.

"You guys are fighting like animals, get your act together!" She schools us both on our bad behaviour.

"Wow, you look so beautiful" I said as my eyes were locked on her. Grayson's staring at her too, but he'll never get her. At least for now...

She walks over to the door and grabs my hand. "Let's go now babe. I'm ready"

It's so weird that she's not even acknowledging Grayson. She just walks straight pass him as if he's not even there. This morning, she never told me what happened when she was helping him with the bruises I've caused. So I'm gonna ask her later on.

We finally made it down in the parking lot. Should I ask her what happened now or later? I must've been standing in this one spot for a minute until I snap out of my thoughts.

"Ethan, get in" Her high pitch voice sends echoes down the parking lot.

"Oh haha." I faked a laugh. "What's gotten into to you today?" I ask.

"I'm just really happy that I'm finally getting fresh air. I mean, the balcony does it for me, but I'm really happy that I'm going out. Especially with you." She smiles at me revealing her pearly whites. 

I smile back at her, leaning in, giving her a quick peck before I start the car and get going to My favourite restaurant, Ottolenghi.

---

Authors note: Hey guys, it's me again... Dropping a new chapter. Haha. Anyways, be sure to vote and comment on this book and share with your friends. Because... SHARING'S CARING.

-Deja