four

I turned around in shock and I instantly felt sick. In front of me stood the stranger I had encountered yesterday, grinning at the description I had just given.

My cheeks flushed furiously and my mouth dropped open but I quickly shut it when he laughed at me

“I really didn’t know my eyes were all that great.” His smile didn’t falter as well as my embarrassment. God, I had never been so uncomfortable.

“Wait, wait, wait, this is the ‘dreamy guy’ you were talking about?” Gemma interrupted. I turned and faced her pleading for her to help make my embarrassment disappear.

“HA HA! Of course! I can’t believe I didn’t realise! Who other than my brother to have a girl swooning after bowling her over onto her arse.” Gemma laughed in her bed.

What?

I stared at Gemma, then at the stranger, then back to Gemma. The similarities were hard to miss, the same perfectly sculpted faces, and dimples that dented their cheeks, their eyes were the same shape only different colours but their hair brought them back to sameness.

“Harry,” the stranger broke my thoughts by saying, “Harry Styles.” He stuck his hand out to shake, grinning, but I was still shocked and it took me a second to understand what he was doing.

I stretched my hand out to him, shaking my head. His hand was large and warm and his fingers would be longer than my palm. My tiny hand was engulfed in his, so I’m not sure it was classed as a handshake, more of a hand hold.

“I’m Charlece Marlow, still.” I introduced myself for the second time. He laughed at me and his eyes twinkled, I couldn’t help but smile. He didn’t seem half as intimidating as my mind had made him to be. But of course, he did act pretty weird last night.

I took the time to rake my eyes down his body. Again he looked flawless, this time wearing the same black skinny jeans, and a casual looking suit jacket on top of a matching black t-shirt that was low cut at the collar, revealing his prominent collar bones and the tip of something inked on his chest. They looked like wings.

“And how did you get the pleasure of meeting my sister?” Harry’s voice melts through my thoughts, his accent was as British as I remember, but it seemed brighter, with a touch of smug.

“Well I actually live here,” I tell him, “and I come see Gem every day for a bit of goss.” I turned to her and giggled, then turned back to Harry. His eyes were trained on me. It was too intense so I had to look away.

“I better get going, it was a pleasure to meet you.” I say looking directly at Harry. A smile breaks his focus and the dimples I have an attraction to show again.

“The pleasure was all mine.” He says and in return I blush, earning a scoff from Gemma.

I walked out of the room and shut the door, then squeaked as I tippy-toe-ran away. What the heck? The guy I ran into yesterday and the one who hasn’t left my thoughts until I met him again today is my best friend’s brother?

The sense of mystery he holds intrigues me but I decide not to get involved with him. I could just feel the heartbreak he would be capable of. Besides, he’s probably got a girlfriend.

I made it to the right wing just as I remembered I forgot to check off my name.

“Damn.” I said under my breath as I turned on my heel, only to walk a few steps and turn around again. I was already here so I may as well visit my last patients. I’ll just check it on my way back, my feet and head ache already.

.

.

I begin to walk back to the left wing where I belong. The time was now 4.30PM and I was exhausted and couldn’t wait to get outside. I loved sitting on that step, I had gone there every day since I moved into Mulldreary, and I would sit and release all my swirling thoughts there into the cold Washington air.

I make it to my room and pick up my book and bottle, leaving my phone on the table to charge. I caught glance at myself in the mirror.

Ugh.

My hair had somehow managed to create a halo of frizz above my head. I took the hair tie off my wrist and tied my hair back in a tight middle pony tail. I didn’t bother styling it so some was pulled out in the front because the wind would only blow it in my face and I had no one to impress here anyway.

Unless you counted the old folk in third department.

I locked my room and made my way to the exit, stopping outside Gemma’s room. I clicked my pen using my cheek and enthusiastically drew a tick.

I laughed at it, it was the ugliest tic k ever. I found myself filling it in and drawing stars around it when the door next to me swung open.

I let out a small squeal and jumped, dropping my pen.

Harry bent down and picked up my pen, an adorable half smile on his face, and handed it to me.

“You can’t keep frightening me like that, Styles.” I grin at him, taking the pen out from between his large fingers.

.

.

.

.

updating heaps wow!

just a reminder i'll try update daily but i cant promise as school and stuff is starting up!

thank you for the positive feedback and please keep remembering to vote each chapter!!

twitter: bandilous and personal insta: renaewatson

im really bad at doing edits so if you want to help feel free and keep telling me what you think it makes me want to write more for you!

love you 

Renae xx