five

“You mean I can’t keep catching you off guard?” He looks down at me, his smile lighting up his face, “Because I’ve proven to be good at that.”

I scoff playfully and notice that he had closed the space between us. Before he could notice my reddening cheeks, I hurriedly turn around and head for the exit. All I want right now was to sit on my step.

I wave of excitement passes through me when I hear footsteps following after me and before I reach the door, a hand is place on my back. I turn around.

“Miss Marlow, Sara Matthew’s from the left wing asked me to tell you that she almost finished the Notebook today, and asked if you could get her the Help.” I nodded at Carla, one of the staff here at the hospital with a tall slim frame and fiery red hair. Her eyes always seemed bored and I couldn’t imagine her having much of a life outside Mulldreary.

I nod my head at her and she walks away. I don’t know where I should get the Help from as I got the Notebook from my trunk in my room. I’ll have a look around the waiting areas and see what’s there.

My eyes scan the hall for Harry, not detecting a trace of him. Sighing I turn and walk towards the wooden doors.

What was that?

I step outside and the cool air envelopes me. The wind swirling around tugging at my hair like I had predicted and I take a deep breath in to let the winter weather touch my insides. I felt like I could breathe at last.

I shut the door and sat on the same step I did every other evening. It was now close to five so I only had half an hour, but I’m sure they wouldn’t mind if I stayed out here until six.

 Or forever.

Yes they would. They need me in there because I’m young and connect with the patients. It’s a lonely thing to do , though, because after I’ve seen them, I have nothing left to do but wait until the next day to repeat what I did the previous.

I shook my head and looked up at the old maroon car pulling out infront of the gates. I squinted to see who was in the front seat and sure enough, it was Harry.

How the hell and when the hell did he get out? I shrugged, not bothering to think further about his ever confusing actions, and looked down at my nails. I wish I could get some polish, it would help me fill in my evenings.

Yawning I opened my book and began to read. I can’t believe how long I’ve actually been awake.

.

.

I lift my head up to darkness. My face and neck are sore from being bent over my book too long. My nose feels colder than ice and my bottom seems non-existent it was so cold, until I stood up and felt the ache in my hips. I must have fallen asleep while I was reading because it was supposed to stay light for longer than an hour when I came outside earlier.

I hobbled up the steps and inside the building, my stomach directing me straight to the kitchen.

The small classroom styled clock above the door told me it was 11PM. I was well overdue for some food.

I decided I’d make chicken pasta and I got all my ingredients together. Once it was cooked I gave myself a large helping and gladwrapped the rest and put it in the fridge so I could take it to Gemma tomorrow.

And maybe even Harry.

No.

I shook my head and headed for my room. As soon as I entered I ran to the heater and pushed it closer to my bed, unplugging my phone charger and ramming the plug in. I turned the switch to high and changed quickly into my pink nighty. It was so skimpy for a cold night but it was so soft and silky and I always had my best sleeps in it, and I could really do with one of those right now.

I snuggled into my bed, pulling the duvet right up to my chin, and fell asleep to visions of emerald eyes, dented cheeks and locks of curly brown hair.

.

.

.

.

what should the ship name be charry or harlece?

by the way the cast list is on the side but those who read off their phones; Charlece is played by AnnaSophia Robb and Sara is Stefania Owen (Dorritt from the Carrie diaries) but younger and less freckles anf then Harry's just Harry heheh

pleeease dont forget to tap the star and vote! let me know how im doing and thanks everyone for the support! 

twitter: bandilous

love you 

Renae xx