Chapter 2

(SORRY I NEVER UPDATED OMG I COMPLETELY FORGOT ABOUT THIS STORY)

Octavia pulled up next to Sky Girl Prom Dresses and got out. "Now there's no guarantee that there'll be any good ones left given prom is in two weeks, but we should find something." Octavia stressed the point that Clarke had jumped on the prom dress band-wagon very late.

They stepped into the heavily air-conditioned store. "How do they expect us to take our clothes off and try on dresses in this store? It's like the arctic!" Clarke complained. A flash of movement to her right caught her attention. She whipped around. "Finn?" she asked the the dark head of hair in front of her. He turned.

"Clarke? What are you doing here?" He sounded slightly panicked.

"Buying a prom dress, but I could ask the same of you."

"Just...browsing." Clarke was going to push the issue as to why he hadn't asked her and why he didn't ask about who she was going with but just then Octavia called her over. When she turned to look back at Finn, there was just the door closing, letting her know he had bolted.

"That was weird," Clarke told Octavia when she got over to where the younger girl was admiring a forest green sweetheart gown.

"Mm," Octavia agreed, not paying attention. Clarke decided to wander off on her own. Octavia didn't have to deal with a weird prom situation. She was going with her long time boyfriend, Lincoln, who was in college. And much to Bellamy's disdain, it didn't seem like thy were going their separate ways anytime soon. Clarke knew wherever Octavia went, Lincoln followed.

Clarke's eye was caught by a lavender dress in the corner of the room. The crepe skirt brushed the ground when Clarke held it up to look in the mirror. But then bellman's comment popped up in the back of her head. "Choose blue" he had said. Clarke put the dress back feeling odd to be taking advice from Bellamy. She glanced over in the blue's section.

And she saw it. Clarke had never believed in love at first sight, but this was an inanimate object so it din't exactly count. She casually strolled over to where the midnight blue evening gown hung. It had sequins places sporadically places across the fabric so when she turned to look at herself in the mirror, it shone like the stars.

"Yes," Clarke jumped and turned. Octavia was standing behind her, a gold-ish dress thrown over one arm. "We're trying these on."

They walked to the dressing rooms, Clarke having finally gotten used to the chill in the air, and each pushed into a room. Clarke found that her dress, was surprisingly easy to put on. She looked at herself in the mirror. She pulled her hair over to one shoulder. She spun. She smiled. She felt beautiful. And Bellamy had been right about the color. So Clarke was going to prom after all.

~~~

Octavia and Clarke pulled into the Blake driveway laughing. Octavia had immediately texted Lincoln the color of her dress so he could coordinate. She had told Clarke to do the same with Monty. "Or Finn," said Octavia. "Although after his little performance at the shop, I don't know wha his prom status is."

Clarke had tried to shake off Finn's behavior when she had arrived at the store. He had been shopping for something. Clarke thought about it as she walked in the house, Octavia trailing her.

"You look spooked princess," Bellamy addressed her.

"Just because I'm going to prom doesn't mean I'm a princess." Clarke told him.

"But a Queen--" Octavia stopped short. Clarke looked at her. She looked very guilty.

"What about a queen?" Clarke asked innocently.

"I may or may not have nominated you for prom queen..." Octavia looked down.

Clarke felt herself turning red. "Don't worry princess, there isn't a huge change of you winning. There are a couple girls in the senior class who could give you a run for your money." This helped a little. She couldn't imagine winning prom queen, as a junior no less, and having to dance with a probable stranger to the awe of the crowd.

"Who are you taking to prom, Bel?" asked Octavia. A strange feeling twisted in Clarke's gut at the thought of Bellamy going to prom with some hot senior girl. He gave the girls a lopsided grin, "You'll just have to wait and see." Then he started to walk upstairs.

As he was brushing by Clarke though, he whispered, "Jealous, are we, princess?" Clarke felt herself turn bright red again.