On The Other Side

"How long can he take?" I grumbled.

"Hours," Zoe said. "You know how he is about his precious hair."

We all do. How can we not know when every morning we had to wait for him. We had to wait for him to perfect his hair. It's annoying at first but after a while you get used to it.

Well, at least that's what Zoe said, she knows him longer. I just met him about a month ago so I don't really know him well.

After what seemed like forever, James finally got out with a piece of toast in his mouth.

"Finally," I muttered.

Zoe went up to him and took the toast from his mouth. She tore off a bit and ate it. Then, she handed back the toast.

I can't help make a disgusted face at this.

Gross! Who would do that?

"Morning," he greeted, cheerfully.

"Morning," I said, not looking at him.

We walk to school together ever since I moved here last months, Zoe and I has got quite close. Trough her, I met James, her long time best friend. They were close get since kindergarten.

It's quite hard to believe since they barely talk at school but it's the truth. James usually hung out with his friends, Logan, Kendall and Carlos. I've never met them cause they freak me out a bit. Also, Zoe always told me to stay away from them.

Zoe and I usually hung out with her group of friends. Don't get me wrong, they're really nice people but I'm not really close to them.

At school, they're basically two strangers on different parts of the social ladder. But at home, you usually catch them together.

I hung behind as I watched the two of them chatting with each other. Zoe was trying to take more toast but he won't let her. I watched as she tried to take it as he held it high. He was taller than her so it's quite easy for him but I can't say the same thing for Zoe.

Their closeness and comfort with each other surprises me. I have to ask her about this soon.

Suddenly realizing I wasn't there, Zoe turned around and called me, "Why are you waiting there? Come on!"

I grinned at her and ran to catch up with them.

*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Okay, what's the fastest way to History class? The stairs? Okay, but which stairs?

Damn it! This is why you should have a map to the school or at least a tour guide.

But having both could be a bit embarrassing.

I went trough my books, making sure I have all the ones I needed with me. I didn't bother looking where I was going. I'm trusting my legs to take me to class.

BAM!!!

I bumped into someone, great! Could this day get any better?

I looked up to see it was James.

"Oh, hey," I said, trying to hide my annoyance.

"What are you? Blind?" he asked, bitterly.

I froze for a while.

I've never hear him sound like that to anyone. So, why was he being mean to me? It wasn't my fault that I bumped into him.

"Sorry," I mumbled as I got up.