Prologue

The old scribe rubbed his long, white beard that trailed down his weathered face. He sat staring down at the thick leather bound book in front of him in deep concentration. After a long moment of silence, he opened the dusty volume and began reading the worn pages.

Long ago, in the land of Mendeve, groups of families have lived side by side in peace. There was barely strife, the lands were prosperous, and there was never war.

Among the groups of families, there was six that were larger than the rest. The Emora Family was considered the most powerful and was respected by the other five families.

The other five families were the Klais Family, the Elleriss, the Ryonus, the Tarinai, and the Venide Family.

The Emoras discovered the art of taking in nature's energy to bend nature's laws to their will, giving them the ability to do impossible feats. This art became known as magic. The Emoras mastered it, perfected it, and shared their discoveries with the other five major families.

The other five families, however, could not master all of the art like the Emoras could, but still practiced it nonetheless.

As years went on, this practice slowly changed the genetics of the six families, making them differ from the average human being. Magic became a part of their way of life like breathing. It began a whole new creation of magical beings.......

The old man yawned as he stretched his creaky bones and gazed back down at the old pages. A small smile broke out on his face as he leaned back in thought. The book was nearly as old as he was, which was more than a thousand years or two. He lost count.

Well, he did write the book after all.

The elderly scribe gently closed the book and spelled the binds in place. His hand lingered on the ancient book before he sadly tucked it away.

It was a shame that they had ordered its' destruction.

After a long moment of contemplating, the old scribe stood up with the book under his arm and walked slowly out of the great library.
The High Council of Atheria decided that in order to live in peace with the humans, magic or anything that dealt with magic, had to be hidden or possibly destroyed. Magical beings were already going into hiding for fear of their lives.

The Peace Treaty was now broken and everything was beginning to get chaotic. Humans always feared things they could never understand.

The scribe walked down the dimly lit corridor towards the big, heavy oak doors that were closed at the end of the hall. He let out another deep sigh once he reached the end of the hall in front of the massive doors. Rydien was waiting for him just beyond these doors. The old man could feel the power radiating from the other room. Everyone in the Emora family had that powerful aura that other magical beings could sense.

The doors creaked and groaned as the scribe waved his hand and commanded the doors to open. Standing in the middle of the room was a man with the appearance of a twenty year old. He had a long mane of jet black hair that fell in waves over his broad shoulders. He wore a black coat that fitted nicely over his frame. His eyes were a mix of silver and gold specks together with a light grey color.

The scribe placed a closed fist over his heart and bowed, a sign of respect used by faeries, witches, or vampires.

Rydien Emora returned the gesture before stretching out his arm to take the book. The scribe hesitated before handing the book over.

"Please think over your actions thoroughly before you might do something you will regret.", the old man said hoarsely.

The two stared at each other for a very long time before Rydien tucked the thick volume under his arm and pulled up the hood of his black cloak.

"I will give your advice some thought." Rydien paused. "Father."

Rydien bowed again before turning and walked towards the opposite direction of the old man.

The scribe looked sadly at his son's retreating figure and prayed to their ancestors that he knew what he was doing.

"I pray that he will not regret this." The old man said to himself.