~ONE~

A/N:

Yay! New book!

As usual there's swearing and sex so get over it or move on people!

Just kidding..I love you all!
Hope you enjoy! 😚

~~~

I don't want to be an adult anymore.

It's completely overrated. You spend the majority of the best years of your life wishing to be an adult, only to then spend the second half of your life wishing to go back in time. I'm only twenty-one and I'm more than ready to revert back to twelve when my biggest problem was a rumor going around about me having a crush on Scotty Gagnon.

I chug my Pinot Grigio, staring down at the pile of bills on the table in front of me, willing them to dissappear. How the hell am I suppose to pay all of these without a job? I run my hands down my face feeling the panick slowly build inside of my body when I hear the front door open.

"Morgan?"

"Yeah, I'm in here," I answer, my voice sounding defeated.

Liv turns the corner from the living room into the kitchen and stands in the doorway taking in my pathetic state on tousled hair, half empty wine bottle, and footsie pajamas.

"What the fuck, Morgan?" She throws her hands up.

My best friend is really quite subtle.

She may not have a way with words but she knows me better than anyone. I met her at college when she moved here three years ago with her boyfriend Devon. We've been inseparable ever since.

I used to live in my own apartment but money was too tight so they offered me a room. They needed they extra money towards their bills so it worked out for everyone.

"I lost my job," I mutter before laying my forehead on the cold wood of the kitchen table.

"The bookstore fired you?! You've been working there since you were in high school!" She says, sitting in the chair next to me.

I turn my head to explain without bothering to lift it up. "No, they didn't fire me. They closed down, bankruptcy I guess,"

"Oh shit, I'm sorry," She strokes my back.

She sits there comforting me, knowing how much I loved working there. It was perfect for me. I barely had to interact with people. I sat at the register, enjoying the free reading of all the books I could possibly get my hands on. It was amazing and now it's all gone and I'm stuck with piling debt and no idea how to begin starting over.

"You're going to interview at my job,"

It's a statement, not a question and I know my hard ass best friend is back in action after the small amount of comforting.

"I can't work in a bar, Liv," I say, looking at her like she lost her damn mind. That environment is the complete opposite of where I want to spend a majority of my time. I don't have the personality for it like she does.

"Yes you can and you will. You'll make more money at the bar in one night than you did all week in that dusty old book store," She says confidently. I know she's already made up her mind in this matter and I should probably just submit and let her drag me away.

"Come on," She grabs my arm and drags me towards her room. "My shift starts in an hour. You're coming with me to fill out an application tonight,"

"What? No, no," I shake my head and plant my feet so she has no choice but to stop dragging me. "I can't go tonight! I'm almost drunk and wearing SpongeBob pajamas," I laugh, waving my hands up and down the length of my body.