~TWENTY SIX~

A/N

It's been a weird couple years guys. Sorry for the very long wait and thank you for the continued support ❤️

~~~~

"What's the actual plan Morgan?" Liv whispers as we slowly walk along the wall towards the entrance. The entrance of the building I already barely escaped with my life once tonight and for some crazy reason I'm walking towards once again.

"I honestly have no idea, Liv," I say out of breath, not from physical exertion but from the absolute panic racking my body. My heart pounds so loudly in my ears that I can hardly hear myself speak. I feel like I should definitely have a gun while sneaking around the outside of this building. My hands feel awkwardly empty. I squeeze my eyes closed and pray this man is worth possibly losing my life for... He Is... Or worth possibly seeing my best friends lose their lives. I take a deep breath and open my eyes to catch Liv's desperate glare, searching my eyes for an answer of how to get our men out of this horrible situation. 

My mouth opens to start explaining to Liv my plan to just wing this shit when a gunshot from inside the building rings out into the silence of the night. Both our heads whip towards the sound and then back to each other and we agree with our expressions that we must move now or we'll have nobody left to save.

We start running towards the door, my hand reaches for the handle when I'm stopped in my tracks by a deep voice with a French accent.

"Stop girls!" The man says, his words so heavily accented that they were barely understandable.

My first reaction is panic. I don't know if this man is with Scotty. Is he a friend of Rhoades? He seems concerned for us so I'm hoping its the latter. 

"Go back to the car and stay there until either me or Rhoades come for you, got it?" the foreign man says sternly and then signals the men behind him to follow as he makes his way to the door.

"Who are you?!" I yell, throwing my hands up. I'm supposed to just trust this man has our friends best interest at heart. "Fuck that," I said and lunge towards the entrance but Liv grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"You need to trust that man, Morgan." She says softly. My eyes go from hers to the door and back. "You know him?" I say wide eyed and confused. She nods. "Well, I don't know him but I know he's the sole reason we were able to track you down. I mean, I'm guessing by the French accent that he's the man. Rhoades was on the phone with him all the way here tracking your location somehow. 

I never even questioned how he had found me. I was just so happy he was there.

Just then, more shots echoed through the air and we both let out small, desperate cries, clutching to one another as we look helplessly at this brick building. "We need to get back to the car, Morgan" she says, tugging at my shirt. Tears fill her eyes as she look towards the nightmare unfolding, knowing that the love of her life is in there at the hands of these professional gangsters.

"Rhoades and Devon can both handle themselves. You know they can. We need to have faith and get ourselves to a safe spot. Right now, Morgan." She's convincing herself as well as me. She drags me by my shirt sleeve towards the safety of the car across the street. Every cell in my body and I'm sure in Liv's screaming to go back. Sometimes its hard to do the right thing. It's hard to put your trust in other people especially when you don't know them but me and my best friend going into that building is most likely a death wish.

We climb into the car and sit in silence, watching and waiting for any sign of good or bad. The minutes feels like hours, the sun starts peaking up on the horizon. 

About ten minutes of agonizing time goes by before the doors bust open and we both gasp audibly as we watch Devon and the mysterious French man carry Rhoades out of the building. His head hangs and his body is limp. Bile rises up my throat and tears swell my eyes. No no no no , please no. I couldn't tell you if those words actually left my mouth or not. 

I turn the key starting the car and drive over to them as fast as possible. 

"Is he ok?" I cry out as the men carry him over and lay him in the backseat of the car.

"He's been shot in the stomach," the strange man says with concern. "You need to get him help immediately. I don't know how long he's been out." Tyler's body lays limply in the back seat and I jump back there with him. I can see he's breathing but its shallow. I look for the wound in his abdomen.

"Give me your shirt," I demand looking  at Devon and he quickly takes his off and throws it to me. I apply pressure to the bleeding wound and he grunts and winces which gives me a little more hope. Its good he's responding to pain. "We're going to get you help, Tyler. Just hold on for me, Ok?" My words sound small but desperate. 

"What about the other guys in there?" Liv asks looking at the two that made it out in one piece. 

"Oh, don't worry about them sweetheart. They're no concern to any of you, anymore." 

I looked up at the man I never met in my life and have no reason to trust but I believed with absolute certainty that he was telling the truth. That we wouldn't need to worry anymore. That Rhoades may have a chance to live a normal life from now on.

"I've been waiting for the day to take those stupid low lives down. Rhoades is my brother's son. He's my one and only nephew and he doesn't deserve the same fate as his father. So I'm stopping it now." His face was determined with a hint of softness in his eyes. 

"Get him to the hospital. Come up with  some kind of cover story of how he ended up in the state. I will be in contact with you Morgan." He goes to close the door but I stop it with my hand. 

"The one tied to the chair in there.." flash backs of Joey's hands on me turns my stomach. My eyes lock with Mr. French man and I take a deep breath before finishing.

"...he tried to rape me" I finish, emphasizing my tone to make this man understand the reason I'm telling him this. I pretend not to hear the gasp out of Liv's mouth or the low growl of obscenities that leave Devon's mouth after I say this.

 I hold eye contact with the man that will bring me justice. 

All he does is nod once.

He understands the assignment.

Devon gets in the drivers seat and Liv in the passenger seat. Liv turns towards me, holds my hand, and gives me a look that says I'm so sorry you went though that and  I nod telling her I'll be just fine...because I will. 

And we drive towards the light of the sunrise.

~~~~~~~