“None of them would have suspected a woman in the army”

“I need a sign,” She smiles up at the roof. “It should say, ‘beware, danger is on the other side’”

The sound of clothes dropping were heard, “More like ‘beware, ugly is behind this door!’”

“Funny,” she rolls her eyes and takes in a deep breath. The water is turned on and hears the curtains open and then close. Haruka looks up at the clock in above the door, and closes her eyes. Takes in a deep breath one more time and exhales slowly. “I will keep you safe, Haru-chan!”

Haruka looked up at Shirogane who smiled sweetly at her; Hana and Daisuke were playing in the shallow part of the beach. Haruka looked away blushing, “Don’t make stupid promises! I don’t need anyone to protect me; I can take care of myself!”

“If that was true, why did you let those boys pick on you?” Shirogane looked at her suspiciously.

“Because…” she closed her eyes tightly, “it’s because of this stupid dress!”

Shirogane raised a brow, “The dress?” He looked at her carefully at the pink-flower patterned summer dress. Shirogane then smiled, “I see nothing wrong with it!”

“That’s because there is nothing wrong with it!” Haruka hid her face. “It’s…me. I look weird in this dress! That’s why the boys were teasing me!”

“They stopped as soon as I gave one of them a bloody nose!” Shirogane kept his attention to her. “I think you look cute in that dress!”

Haruka blushed, “Don’t say stupid things! Especially if you don’t mean it…”

A pinky was pointed out to her, blinking the child next to her said, “How about this, we will protect each other! I will keep you safe from harm and you do the same for me!”

She smiled, “Deal!”

“Did you leave yet?” Shirogane opened the door a bit and peaked through the small space. “I forgot to bring a change of clothes in here with me and-”

Haruka lay in bed sleeping. He groaned and shut the door, taking a towel and wrapping it around his waist. Quickly he opens the door and heads for the dresser, taking out the article of clothing he needed and left for the office at the end of the hall to get dress. “Next time she is here when I need to shower, I am not giving her an option to stay”

Shirogane opened the door slowly, and took a glance inside. Ohaneh noticed and gestured him to enter the room, and opened a cardboard box full of books. Shirogane shut the door behind him, looking around at the room that consist only a desk and a three bookshelves one at each wall. He put all his weight on his right leg and crossed his arms as he watched Ohaneh unpack into his new office.

“Kane just moved all his stuff last night,” Ohaneh spoke up. “Seems he really wanted to get out of here.”

Shirogane stood silently, eyeing the other man.

Ohaneh smirked, “Something troubling you, Kusakawa?  Would you like a chair?”

“I just want to know how you plan on reforming the government,” Shirogane said gruffly. “You must have some sort of plan”

“Like all leaders of a hopeless nation,” Ohaneh stacked the books neatly and lifted them onto the bookshelf. The spine of the books showing with gold fonts shimmering off from the light, “I plan on fixing any mistakes this country holds. I noticed there are many unemployed citizens are walking the streets buying only bread for their family. I plan on making work for them, they can help rebuild abandoned buildings and make them of use. Also make schools and improve the small communities”