Chapter 1: -Lance's POV- Coming

-Lance's POV- Coming

"Shut the f*ck up women I don't give a d*mn!" screamed my father as he threw a beer bottle at my mother and it crashed up above her head and she shrieked as I heard her fall to the floor.

Well... I guess not everyone can have a good beginning...

"I don't have your wallet!!" she yelled desperately as she dared to look into the demon's eyes. His nostrils flared as his temper rose.

"Don't talk to me like that you useless drag!" he shouted as he kicked her in the gut. He did it over and over again.

"S-s-stopi-i-it! You're gonna hu-urt the-"

"The baby can die for all I care! Now where's my d*mned wallet?!"

I cringed as I sat in a corner with my knees pulled up to my chest, head in between them as I wrapped my arms around my head and ears, trying to get their screams out of my head. Why was Dad always like this? They say parents are supposed to be good to their children, kind and gentle. I didn't know this tillI went to school and we had to do a project for our parents. I flinched as I hear a loud crack and a scream coming from downstairs, then the sound of boots stomping out the door. He probably broke another one of her bones again.

I slowly crept out, my legs shaking a bit and slightly unstable from sitting down so long. I peeked through my door and inched to the stairs. I saw Mom with blood coming out of her swollen stomach and one of her arms was bent at a weird angle. I checked one more time to make sure Dad left the house before I ran downstairs to her and knelt by her side as I swiped out the phone in my pocket.

"Don't worry Mom, I'm calling the ambulance right now so that you can get some help."

"You...you useless child..."

I bit my lip as I started to respond to the 911 call and told them our location and what we needed. Once I hung up, I looked over at her and she was glaring at me with cold, icy-blue eyes that could cut diamonds.

"I was once so pretty... Why did you have to come along and ruin it all?"

I fought back words as I swallowed. Apparently ever since I was born, she has been abused by Dad. She's had seventeen long years... The sad things is, she can't leave him. He is her only source of income. She never put effort into her schools so she failed everything. The only reason why she isn't living on the streets right now is because she has him, and he has her as a stress-reliever from work.

"Get out..." she said quietly.

I nodded and left. But it wasn't for good, though. She knew she needed me for health care, groceries, and other things she was unable to do due to Dad. I pulled out my phone again to text my friends where I was headed and wanted to see if they could come. They both said yes and that they would be there soon. I smiled as I took in a deep and cold, winter breath, starting jogging towards the place. But it wasn't just 'a place', it was Our Place. It was a small house on a hill that was surrounded by trees and had an empty, huge, unused outdoor pool in front of it. All sides of the pool were filled with graffiti we did on them, tagging that this place was already in use and claimed. I soon arrived and saw them already there, waiting for me as they sat at the edge of the pool wall.

"What's up?!" Haden called as he jogged towards me, Ash at his heels. Ash was seventeen like me while Haden was nineteen. We all knew each other from school and immediately clicked.

I smiled at them. "Jus' wanted to hang out," I said as they reached me, stuffing my hands in my pockets.

"Was it your dad again?" Haden asked immediately. I blinked, then I remembered whenever I lie, I always do something with my hands. I hate it how he can read people so well... Sometimes I feel like he can even communicate to Ash telepathically.