Chapter Five

Lucy's POV
                       I heard shouting outside, and ran up to see everyone returning. Peter rode up, an unconscious Sierra in front of him. He dismounted, and gently slid her off, holding her close to his chest. I saw the bloody bandages on her side, and was grateful to see her chest still rising and falling.

      "What happened?" I asked quietly. Peter had a furious look on his face, and nodded towards Caspian.
       "Ask him." Caspian looked confused, and I sucked in a breath, knowing Peter was getting mad.
       "Me?" Susan glared at Peter, and Caspian's hand went to his belt.
       "Peter!" He shook his head.
       "If you had just stuck to the plan, things would've gone fine, and Sierra might not be dying right now!!" Caspian snorted.
        "Oh, so all that matters is Sierra? Not the fact you were supposed to help me? You're the reason her heart was broken. You left her!" I could see the fury in Peter's eyes now, and my hands were shaking. This was bad.

        "You think I wanted to leave?!?! After all that she'd been through and dealt with, you think I wanted to leave the woman I love?! And you called us, remember?" Caspian snorted.
         "My first mistake." Peter gently lay Sierra down beside me, and stood as I was frozen in shock.
        "No. Your first mistake was thinking you could rule a kingdom." Caspian turned to head back into the How, but Peter kept going.
        "And Miraz is no king either. You, him, your father? Narnia's better off without the lot of you." Caspian froze when his father was mentioned, and then whirled around, his sword out. Peter's was out in moments, and the blades were aimed at each other's necks. Then, my brain caught up, and I screamed.

        "No, stop!!" Both turned to look at me, shocked.
       "You two are bickering over who's a better king, and Sierra is dying! She and her father are our only hope in defeating Miraz! And I don't think she'd be very happy with you two either." Peter's sword clattered to the ground, and Caspian strode away, muttering angrily. Peter, Susan, Trumpkin, and I knelt around Sierra, and I gave her a drop of the cordial. For about a minute, she didn't move, and then shot straight up, her eyes wide.

       "Bad. Bad, bad, bad, very bad. Where's my sword?" Peter handed it to her, and she took off running into the How, Peter and the three of us close behind.

               Peter's POV
                       We reached the room with the Stone Table, and Sierra sucked in a sharp breath, shaking.

      "No. Not her. They can't." I headed in, and saw Caspian, Nikabrik with a hag and werewolf.  
       "Stop!!" I yelled, and then noticed the wall of ice....with Jadis right in the middle of it. I ran up, knocking Caspian out of the way. She pulled her hand back, and then smiled sweetly.

       "Peter, dear, I've missed you. Come, join me. I know you don't know the secret that Sierra's been hiding from you. Come, Peter. Just one drop." I wanted to pull away, I knew that this shouldn't be happening......but I couldn't.
       "Just one drop." Then, she yanked her arm back, gasping, and a sword protruded through the ice where her heart was. It shattered, and I saw Edmund standing there.

       "I know. You had it sorted." I stared at the ground as everyone but Sierra left, and I dropped to my knees, my sword slipping from my hand. She knelt beside me, and hugged me.

       "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have let her get to me." She leaned against the table, and I scooted back beside her.
       "She's right. I do have a secret I haven't spoken of, simply because part of it hurts. And now....I guess I should probably get it out." I gently took her hand, and she stared at her feet for a moment, before she started to speak quietly.

       "It was probably about the years after my parents had been killed, so I was seventeen. Aslan had already given me my gifts, and there was a little village near Beruna. I met a young man there, and I don't even remember his name now, but I fell in love with him. What I didn't know was that Jadis had also fallen in love with him, and put a curse on him. She had cursed him so that he could only fall in love once, and intended for it to be her. So when he fell in love with me, she was even more furious with me." She closed her eyes, and I gently squeezed her hand, rubbing it with my thumb. She took a deep breath, and continued.

       "He and I were married, but he wasn't aware that I couldn't grow any older. So, he took off, and I found out our was pregnant. I told him, and he said he'd come back. But when he was at an inn on his way back, Jadis found him and killed him, and then burned the inn to hide the evidence. I still had the baby, and planned to raise him on my own. But a few days after he was born, Jadis stole him, and I haven't seen him since. So I don't know where he is." She looked up at me, her beautiful blue eyes sparkling with tears.

        "I'm sorry I didn't tell you. I can honestly say I have moved last him, but the pain of losing my little boy.....it hasn't gone anywhere." I let go, and wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back, and started crying. I nearly cried as well, holding her as her body shook with uncontrollable sobs.

       "Sierra, it's okay. It's going to be okay." I whispered, my lips close to her ear. I'd already known she was strong, but going through that.....I couldn't believe how strong she really was, and that.....That just made me love her even more.