Chapter Four

Sierra's POV
I sat in the large chamber of Aslan's How, staring at the cracked table. I gently placed a hand on my chest, right over where Jadis had stabbed me all those years ago. I closed my eyes, hearing the cheers and screams, the taunting of all her minions, and her scream as she plunged the knife into me. I sucked in a slight breath, remembering and almost feeling the pain of it slicing through my chest and piercing my heart. I heard footsteps, and then Caspian entered the room.

"My lady, we are ready to depart. Will you be joining us?" I slowly stood, my gaze never leaving the table.
"Yes, I will. And you don't need to get a horse for me. I can handle that detail." He nodded, bowing slightly, and left. I followed after, strapping Thil Galel's sheath to my waist. We arrived at our campsite, which was actually fairly close to Beruna Gorge. The next morning, I woke to hear yelling and swords clanging. I grabbed my sword, scrambling towards the sounds. Then, I heard a familiar voice yelling.

"Peter!!" I dashed closer, and froze, seeing Lucy, Susan, and Edmund.
"Peter?" I whispered, seeing familiar blonde hair. Caspian saw me, and then he realized.
"It's....it's them. My lady, I'm sorry. I was not aware." Peter spun around, and broke into a grin when he saw me.

"Sierra!" I walked over, wrapping my arms around his neck, not noticing the frosty look in Caspian's eyes. I pressed my lips to his cheek, and he wrapped his arms around me. I pulled back, and he slipped his hand into mine.

"Are we ready? We've got a lot to do in not much time. Miraz will be coming soon." Caspian nodded, and then froze when he caught Susan's eyes. We headed back to the How, and headed in.

"What is this place?" Edmund asked, almost in shock, and I smiled.
"Come on." I led them to a hall, and showed them the paintings on the walls, paintings of their coronation and Lucy at the lamp.

"That's....that's us." Lucy said, in awe. I smiled and Caspian chuckled. I nodded, leading them down the hall. I let go of Peter's hand, touching my torch to the oil in the basin around the room with the table. Peter caught his breath, looking at the table. He walked forward, gently placing his hand on the dark brown stain.

"It's....it's the Stone Table." I nodded, smiling again, but then I had to take things a more serious direction.
"And we have to find a way to defeat Miraz. He's a threat to Narnia. The trees and animals....I can't get them to talk with me anymore. And that's saying something." Peter nodded slowly.
"Then what do you want us to do?" I closed my eyes, trying to catch all the thoughts scrambling around in my head so I could think.

"Susan, you're going to need to work with the dwarves that are here, work on their aim while shooting. Peter, Edmund, and Caspian, work with anyone who can use a sword. All four of you will be helping me with planning, though." They all nodded, and left, leaving me with Lucy.
"What do I need to do?" I smiled, sitting down and patting the space beside me. She sat, and I gently took her hand.

"You're going to be my helper. I haven't seen my father in many years either, so I could use your help to remind me I can't control everything, and that he's still here. And you'll also be helping with food. I can't cook a decent meal to save my life." She stared at me for a minute, shocked.
"Then how did you survive for so long?" I chuckled.
"Mainly fruits, vegetables, nuts, and things I didn't have to cook. Meat's been a rarity." She chuckled.
"Well, then I'll might also help teach you how to cook." We both laughed, and I smiled. It seemed like I was actually starting to let people in. A couple days later, Peter, Susan, Caspian, Edmund, Lucy and I met with a couple of the dwarves, Reepicheep, and a couple other animals.

"Don't you get it? Our only hope is to strike them before they strike us!" Caspian crossed his arms, glaring at Peter.
"You're crazy. No one has ever taken that castle." I stared at the Stone Table, listening to them bicker back and forth about it.

"Sierra? What do you have to say?" I looked up, taking a deep breath.
"If we plan it right, and stick to the plan, attacking the castle should work. I know that castle like the back of my hand." Caspian stared at me.
"How?" I smiled slightly, changing into the white cat he'd had for so long. He nearly took a step back, shocked.
"You.....you can change form?" Peter grinned.
"Remember the lone Lioness that fought in the battle against the witch? That was her. Anyhow, what's the plan for this?" The mood quickly grew solemn again, and we laid out our plan. Reepicheep, his mice, and I would open the drawbridge for our troops, while Peter and Susan found Miraz, and Caspian would open the gates. Everything went as planned, until Caspian found his tutor, and then went to confront Miraz. The alarm was sounded, and his troops rushed out.

"For Narnia!!" I heard Peter's familiar battle cry, and drew my sword, rushing in. I snatched the blade of a fallen Telmarine, and the two blades sliced through many a soldier. But then, I felt a sharp pain in my side, and saw an arrow protruding. Peter caught sight of me, and I shook my head.

"Retreat!! Retreat!!!" He screamed, and people started heading for the gates. Caspian came out with two horses, and Peter jumped into one, pulling me up as he rode past. We had lost about half of the troops we'd taken with us, and Miraz had won. As dawn approached, and as we got closer to the How, I felt myself getting weaker and weaker, starting to slide. Peter wrapped one arm around my waist, and I was grateful he was behind me.

"Hey, we're almost there, Sierra. Almost there. Just a little further." Darkness started dancing around my vision, and I nodded weakly.
"Almost......there....." Then everything went black.