Long Awaited Reunion

Ichigo noticed Toshi's excitement as they neared a large mountain. They had been walking for miles, non-stop, and all the while, Toshi seemed to grow more and more excited. To Ichigo, though, all he could feel was dread.

"It's here." Toshi whispered.

Ichigo didn't understand. The only thing that was there was the mountain face.

Toshi's back began to glow a bright blue, the light through her shirt was growing bigger and brighter. Ichigo sat and watched as the light seemed to rip through her shirt, and spread out into the air. 

Toshi turned her head to look at the light with pride.

"My lovelies," the light seemed to fly off of what Toshi was looking at. Ichigo's eyes widened when he saw the two large, silver wings.

"Do you like them?" Toshi smiled widely, "Father gave them to me as a gift, and they are so beautiful."

Letting out a happy sigh, Toshi let her wings glide down to the earth below her, making dirt and leaves fly off the ground. The silvery wings shone in the sunlight brighter than anything Ichigo had ever seen before.

Turning her body, Toshi pressed her wings flat against the hard rock of the mountain. The stone around her wings shone brightly before the stone began to crack away.

Ichigo just stood in awe as a door formed from the broken stone. Toshi motioned for him to enter, "I promise, it's a bit overwhelming, but you will be fine, I'm right here."

He was hesitant at first, but as Toshi made her way inside, Ichigo followed. The mountain's ceiling dripped water down onto Ichigo's head, it was beginning to become a bit irritating, yet he would deal with it. It was extremely wet and damp inside the mountain, making the orangette question what was at the end of the tunnel the were walking down.

His question was soon answered when they reached a very large, very dark looking door. Ichigo could physically see shadows flowing of the large door, and it sent shivers down his spine. 

Toshi took out a small knife from her back pocket and proceeded to prick her finger with it. The knife seemed to be really sharp, because a line of blood began to flow from the cut. Holding the knife out to Ichigo, Toshi smiled, "It doesn't hurt, one poke and we can open the door."

"Why do I need to give you my blood, or give the door my blood for that matter." Ichigo asked in a suspicious tone.

Toshi sighed dramatically, "The door will forever be closed unless the the Father of the Damned's children willing give their blood to the door. Without you, we would never be able to see father again."

Ichigo looked at the knife, to the door, and back again.

Hesitantly, Ichigo took the small knife from Toshi and quickly made a cut on his finger. He was curious about what he was going to find. He wanted to see his true father. He wanted answers.

Toshi smiled and she took Ichigo's hand, placing her cut finger to his; she pressed them against the door. The door glowed red before exploding into dust. Ichigo had to cover his eyes to keep the small particles out of them.

Uncovering them, Ichigo noted how happy Toshi looked.

Her smile was wide, and her eyes seemed to glow with pure joy; not innocent joy, something darker. 

"We can finally see him. Together. We will be a family." Toshi turned to grin at Ichigo, "We can finally take back what was ours."

Ichigo stiffened when a loud rumble sounded past the darkness from the new hole in the wall.

He couldn't move, and it felt like he couldn't breathe. Did he do the right thing? His head felt so foggy, he no longer knew what to think.

He didn't realize what was happening until it finally hit him; literally. Ichigo's head pounded as something hit him, his vision went red, then slowly faded to black.

Short but sweet. I wanted to get this out as soon as possible so it is a bit shorter, I am sorry. I just have neglected to continue this story for a long while, so I thought this would be the perfect time to continue it. Hope you liked it.