Better

Raj

"Nahin not like that, like this," I hold the gun firmly in my hand aiming it at the target on the tree, parting my legs so my feet are a shoulder width apart and my body is slightly angled.

"Haan Anderson!" Leyla giggles gently pushing his back so he stumbles forward playfully. Anderson turns and gives her a mock look of anger before walking over to me taking the gun from my hand.

"You need to focus too," I say walking over to Leyla wrapping my arms around her waist whilst resting my chin on her shoulder. After the whole Amaan shenanigan Leyla had asked me to teach her how to shoot a gun, in case she ever found herself in a similar situation. I had been unwilling at first insisting that I would never let anything bad happen to her ever again but Leyla just has a way of pushing and pushing until I just have to give in to her. So I decided that maybe I would give Anderson another chance at working a gun and compromised with Leyla. She could have lessons with Anderson because I didn't want Leyla to think I was outright agreeing with her idea as I'm still uncomfortable with the fact she wants to be able to use a gun.

"Well maybe I could concentrate if my teacher wasn't so handsome," Leyla laughs placing her hands over mine and squeezing. Anderson rolls his eyes at us before following my instructions aiming the gun at the tree.

"Like this?" He asks turning his head to look at me but I'm too absorbed in holding Leyla that I'm not paying much attention. I mean it's been a whole two weeks since we made love and being around Leyla now makes me feel all mushy inside. When she's not with me I can think straight, make decisions quickly and clearly but then when I'm around her it's like I go through tunnel vision and she is the only person in the room.

"Bubs?" Leyla whisper-giggles pulling me back from my daydream of holding her as we both close our eyes and sleep at night. I love being with her and I love closing my eyes to sleep before waking with her right next to me.

"Haan?" I reply still slightly dazed by her presence. She shrugs her shoulders causing me to move my head and release my grip on her. She turns out of my grasp so she can look at me a huge grin on her lips as she shakes her head before pointing to Anderson. I turn my attention to him as I walk over and check his positioning.

"Good," I smile taking the gun from his grasp placing it in the holder hanging from one of the patio chairs. As this is our first lesson I thought it wise to just teach them the basics. The last time I tried to help Anderson he nearly blew his foot off! And Leyla, well she has never even seen a gun before so teaching them how to hold the gun seemed to be the most sensible option. Anderson's phone rings in his pocket and he answers immediately flashing me a smile before making his way into the house. It's probably Aisha calling to check in. After the birth of his baby girl Anderson has been on a permanent rollercoaster of emotions. One minute he is the most happiest guy you could meet and the next he is slamming doors and chuntering under his breath. I stare after him as he slides the door closed a broad smile on his lips and his eyes lit up. I know later he will be on one of his downs missing his fiance and baby but it is safest for them to stay away from this place and in their safe house.

"C'mon Raj," Leyla mumbles placing her hand up my back and over my shoulder giving it a slight squeeze. I look down at her face, her eyes wide and her bottom lip pouting making her look cute. I know what she is going to say. She says it every time Anderson has an outburst that it has almost become routine.

"Schmoopie," I say in a warning tone tired of being labelled as the bad guy in this situation. It's not my fault Amaan is a crazy lunatic who would do anything to anyone in order to get at me. I can't risk Aisha's life or the life of their new baby just so Anderson is always happy. Leyla sighs loudly hastily removing her arm before barging past me up the stairs into the kitchen. I roll my eyes dramatically as she slams the sliding door closed. I know she has a peculiar attachment to Anderson but that doesn't mean she has to get angry at me. I clip the gun into the holder, hoisting the strap over my shoulder before scanning the garden. If Amaan knew where to find Leyla then surely he'll be able to find me and that's what scares me. I need to protect my family and that includes everyone who lives here. I feel my phone vibrate in my pocket and grumble slightly. I just need five minutes away from everyone pulling me in all directions. I've got my dad pulling me towards a business deal, Leyla pulling me in the direction of Anderson's problems, Amaan pulling me in the direction of trying to increase protection and lookouts. I feel like I'm going to burst if I'm not careful. I fish the phone from my pocket and take a deep breath as I read the caller ID: Dad. I slide to answer before slowly bringing the phone to my ear. We have a brief chat, he wants to see me regarding an application put in by Anderson.