Cracked...

Leyla

"Hey bubs," I mumble lacing my arms around Raj's neck and nuzzling my head against his skin. In return he wraps his arms around my waist drawing my body towards his with a slight chuckle. He feels freezing after coming in from the cold. He has been out trying to arrange business but has come home early which is unusually. I can tell by the way he is holding me that something is wrong. If the deal goes well he holds me tight and kisses my head with a smile. If the deal goes wrong his grip on me is weakened and he just rests the side of his head against mine with a low sigh. I step back forcing Raj's arms to break and fall to his sides. He looks down at the floor pulling his lips into a lopsided sad smile.

"Kya hua?" I whisper placing my hand against his cold cheek dipping my head so I can look in his eyes. He shrugs a sign that something is really wrong. Usually he brushes things aside with a 'nothing' or an 'it's all fine' and I know not to push the subject, but today he isn't saying anything and looks so down.

"I might go shower," Raj says pulling himself together a little lifting his head forcing my hand off his cheek. I nod my head as he slips past me into his bedroom. Although we are not sleeping in the same room together and I still occupy his bedroom, he uses his amenities whenever he likes which means I've managed to glance some looks at his body. He is just so fit! In fact, it makes me blush thinking about his abs right now. One day I'll press my bare body against them and that day will be the best day of my life, the day we consummate our love for one another.

"He speak to you?" Anderson taps me on the shoulder making me jump guiltily at my thoughts. I turn to look at him. He has a worried look in his eye gazing like a lost puppy down the hallway to Raj's room. I shake my head knowing something is definitely wrong if Anderson is worried about him. Usually Anderson does the same thing as Raj, shrugs it off with a 'it's fine' and that's the end of the conversation. Ever since Raj mistakenly thought I loved Anderson he has been extra nice to him. He lets Anderson go and see his girlfriend whenever he wants and has even started to give him greater responsibilities within the 'gang', not the menial tasks of bringing me supper anymore. Raj has really taken Anderson under his wing and the difference in Anderson is clear. He is more confident, speaking out when he doesn't like something not letting the other more rooted members push him around, and he even managed to shoot a target the other day!

"What happened?" I ask as Anderson begins to walk away. Anderson halts abruptly shaking his head.

"It was all going so well and then he just... Cracked," Anderson whispers staring down at his hands like they hold the answer. Raj? Cracked? Raj never cracks...

Raj

I let the cold water hit my skin feeling like icicles puncturing my skin. I just can't believe I cracked! One minute I had the upper hand but then we had decided to take a break and that's when I heard them talking complete bullshit...

Flashback

"She'll change him," Brody laughs a deep throaty sound which sounds like it would be painful to produce. I'm stood outside our dedicated chill room about to call Leyla and tell her how close we are to getting this deal pushed through, but the tone of Brody's voice and his topic confuse me.

"Haan, she'll slowly start whining about how little time he spends with her and slowly he'll slip into her trap," Rahul mumbles conspiratorially. They must be talking about me. Ever since I killed Rakesh and Ajay did a runner I replaced them with Brody and Rahul. I trust them one thousand percent having grown up with them, played with them, learnt how to shoot with them so why are they being such dicks right now about Leyla?

"Then he'll stop accompanying us on business, he'll leave us to clean up his shit," Brody grunts. I feel like storming in there and smashing his pretty little face against the glass coffee table watching it shatter beneath him as his cheek bone explodes and he no longer has that pretty boy model look he prides himself on. How dare he speak about me like that?! I'm his leader. I earnt my place through years of hard work, showing my dad I was worth the top spot. I had to kill, maim, injure. I had to sell drugs, weapons, women. I had to be ruthless in who I chose as my friends and enemies. I had to freeze my heart, learn to look at hatred and anger as the only emotions needed. I had sacrificed a lot for this gang... My education for starters! And they are sat in there bitching about me like fucking teenage girls.