"She will be a nice bang tonight Caden. I bet she has a little something planned for you in her bed," Jason smirks while punching me in the arm. "This night needs to be over. I'm already missing my mate underneath me."

I knew he was joking.

"You know the reason she occupies my bed Jason. Not one of us is thick enough to not see through her lies. Jessica wants a crown on her head in three years." I laugh. Stupid girl.

"The only reason she believes that is because you've kept her the longest. Normally your mistresses last a few months, not a year. It's not like I blame you." Raising his eyebrows up and down Jason laughs before walking to the refreshment table to grab a drink.

"Caden, I need to speak to you before the run," Nik asked urgently. What couldn't wait until tomorrow?

He and Jason are the only two I can truly confide in.

After I beat the living day lights out of the Commanders son, I went later on the next day and repaid him a second visit. He hadn't said a word to his father at least that I know of.

I despised him until the unthinkable happened. I ignored my father's warnings as a young boy and ran outside the castle walls right into a group of rogues. Nik and his parents were out patrolling the area. Apparently they loved doing it as a family. The rogues didn't hesitate to attack me. The need to kill of the royal blood line thrived deep inside.

Nik's parents came to my rescue. His father forced him to carry me towards the castle walls. By the time reinforcements arrived it was too late. His parents were murdered.

I blamed myself. Privately vowing to watch over Nik for the rest of my life. He would want for nothing. He has wanted for nothing. My parents took him in as a second child, raised him to take his father's place as the commander of our troops and he has.

"What is it Nik?" I want this night to be over. All it is, is a reminder of my failure at finding my mate.

"I think you need to stop sleeping around. Your twenty-two Caden. What do you think your mate feels when she sees you walking away with a female on your arm? I know we've spoken about this multiple of times, but do you honestly believe she would stop her life to come live with a man whore?"

I hate when he reminds me. Maybe if she had given me a hint, I would have stopped. I know it's a foolish excuse, but it's all I have.

"What do you think will happen once she goes into heat and you find her? I wouldn't be too surprised if you found her in bed with another male. It would serve you right in the end."

Lowly growling, I hold my hand back from gripping his throat. "You may be my best friend Nikolai, but don't you ever forget who I am. No one speaks about my mate that way. I will kill any male who threatens to steal her away from me." I felt Marcus push forward. We both loathe the notion of her sleeping with another.

"I'm speaking the truth Caden. You believe it's alright to sleep with Jessica. She may well believe it's alright to sleep with a male friend. Do you want to start you relationship off by killing the man who has taken care of and treated her with upmost care?"

"Why does it sound as if you know something I do not, Nik? What are you hiding from me?" Walking slowly towards him, I feel my claws lengthening. At the thought of Nik keeping secrets about my mate to himself is sending me into over drive. I want to hold him by his throat until he spills all.

"Nothing, my Prince. I'm only trying to give helpful advice. I would never deceive you." Could I have been wrong all these years? He could have easily lied to me about not knowing who my mate was when she pushed him down. I will have to keep an eye on him.