22 : Vanilla Twilight

Start from the beginning

     Catherine, being naturally weird and having the personality of not caring what others thought of her, started waving back in a ridiculous manner.

     Alexander chuckled in amusement as he stood up along with Catherine to make their way outside. "I can see the relation of the Valentine siblings now," he told her.

     Catherine laughed, playfully pushing him. "Oh, shut up. That's how awesome we are." She teasingly flipped her hair as they left the store.

     "Well, goodbye then." Alexander slowly walked away from her, waving. "I hope to see you again, Catherine Valentine."

     Catherine waved back. "And you as well, Alexander Williamson. Thank you for the books." Her eyes drifted to Kasi and the two approached each other for a quick hello (with Kasi pulling her into a headlock before running off) before Catherine turned to walk down the street. She hummed to herself as she strolled inside Dervish and Banges, her eyes glazing over the hundreds of magical objects. She caught sight of a stand with several Sneakoscopes.

     She reached out to grab one, only to be stopped by someone's fingers colliding with hers. Pulling her hand back in a startled manner, Catherine turned to see James. Ever since her grandmother's death, she's been bickering constantly with James like a married couple and replying sarcastically to the other Marauders. The others seemed to brush her comments off, but James seemed to ride along her mood swings and banter as well. But instead of becoming furious, Catherine seemed to enjoy it and hide it with annoyance.

     She did a quick scan on what he wore, trying to be as discreet as she could. To put it in simpler words, she was checking him out. He was hot as always, but he seemed to be more attractive than usual today. He wore his dark pair of trousers with a white button down (the one that defined the muscles in his arms really well) pushed up to his elbows. He also wore a brown coloured corduroy vest as well, resembling Newt Scamander in Catherine's textbook.

     James smirked at Catherine, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose as he crossed his arms. "Why, hello there." He leaned against the shelf.

     "Potter." Catherine nodded once at him, attempting to calm her racing heart that went erratic every time she saw James.

     James would be lying if he said he didn't miss Catherine. He knew there was no longer a bridge separating them, considering Sirius had spoken with him over his platonic relationship with Catherine, which meant James had no reason to be afraid and doubt himself. He loved the reactions he got from Catherine every time they'd have their little arguments, she reminded him vaguely of a mad kitten. She was just too damn cute. But knowing her, if he told her that she looked like a little cat, she'd retort back over how she was a damn tiger.

     "Beautiful as always, I see." He winked playfully.

     "Cheeky as always, I see," she murmured back but he didn't miss the pink tinge in her cheeks.

     "What's that you've got there?" He stuffed a hand in his pocket as he tagged behind Catherine who looked around the store.

     Catherine spared a glance at her parcel of books Alexander had bought for her. "Nothing of your interest."

     James scrunched his nose playfully at her, repeating what she had just said in a mimicking voice.

     "Very mature, Potter," Catherine said with a snort, "why'd you come alone?"

     "I was hoping to run into you," James paused before adding slyly, "Isn't that why you came alone as well?"

     Catherine nearly laughed before she coughed to cover it up and said lightly, "Oh, fuck off."