I nodded, meeting her gaze. "I know. I was always able to fight with swords, and throw daggers, but they gave me no weapons. I'm afraid I won't be any help out there, not until I can find some kind of weapon."

 Apphia shook her head. "No. They wouldn't leave you completely defenseless. It doesn't matter what you did, you are still an Angel, maybe a fallen Angel, but an Angel nonetheless." She looked around. A smile curved her lips upward.

 I turned so I could follow her gaze. She was staring at something that looked like it was embedded in the wall. I couldn't tell what it was, but I was intrigued. I slowly walked over to the object. I could sense Apphia a few steps behind me. I blinked as I saw what it was.

 An Angel sword. Imbedded into the wall.

 I blinked then stilled. Wait... that wasn't just any Angel sword. It was my Angel sword...

What in the heck was it doing down here? Was someone truly looking after me? Another fallen Angel, maybe? I had absolutely no idea. I mean, I guess it was probable Apphia and I weren't the only Angels down here. It was actually very probable.

 I turned, slowly as to gather my thoughts, to stare at Apphia. She smiled. "I already know the question you will ask." She looked down, smile fading. "That is my Curse," she mumbled, "to know things." She looked up and met my gaze. "The answer is yes, we are not the only ones here. There are other Angels, but some of them are too ashamed of what they have done that they have convinced themselves that they deserve the torture of the fires and the Demons. It's sad, really. I have tried to help some, but most of the ones I've encountered refused to listen to me. To reason."

 I stared at her, slowly taking in her words. They were true, that much I could tell, but for some reason I could sense that Apphia felt the exact same things she had just described to me. She shifted her weight back and forth uneasily and I knew that she knew what I was thinking. I didn't know how I knew that, but I did. Then it hit me. She had talked about a Curse...

 I narrowed my eyes. "Apphia, you mentioned a Curse..."

 "Damn," she muttered. "I was hoping you didn't notice." She twirled her blades around her fingers as she started walking around the room. "Well, when Angels fall, a Curse is placed on them. It's their way of punishing us. Not that they aren't already. Mine just happens to be that I know things. Sometimes it's just random thoughts and other times it's...bigger things. Like I know things that other people don't. It's been happening ever since I woke up here. It even happened when I was falling. And I've been hearing this Voice..." she trailed off, eyes thoughtful and troubled.

She suddenly stopped her circling and twirling of the blades and turned towards the crack we had been peeking through. "Someone's coming... An Angel... Emeyo."

 I stared at my Angel blade for a moment before coming to stand at Apphia's side. Her eyes had paled even more, making them look ghastly. Her skin which had before been a little darker than pale and was now almost white. She was most definitely worried, which automatically made me be worried. I just hoped I didn't look as freaked out as Apphia did at the moment. I mean, my skin was actually a lot darker than hers, making me look hispanic-I had heard the humans say this before, when they had actually seen me, which wasn't very often-and my eyes were so dark they almost looked black with specks of lighter colors that I had never been able to identify spread throughout them.

 A woman suddenly burst through the wall right in front of us, breathing hard, blue eyes wide with fear, but I could also see excitement in those dark depths. She stared at me and I stared at her. She wore the same ensemble as Apphia, as did I, except the gems on hers were a light purple and the ones on mine were a silver. Our swords or whatever weapon we chose to use always glowed the color of our gemstones.