Chapter 9: One year later. Is it you?

Elsa sighed. She sat on the window seat from time to time, wondering if Jack Frost would ever come back. The sky remained empty with no sign of him. She signed again and walked away from the empty window that held nothing but broken promises. It was difficult for her to think of Jack. She had hoped the pain of heartbreak would wear off, but just the thought of Jack would bring tears to her eyes and flood of fresh emotions. Pacing around the room, she made a spontaneous decision to go back to her ice castle. Elsa went downstairs to inform Anna. Anna looked worried. "Are you ok Elsa?" Elsa gave her a weak smile. "I'm fine. I just need some alone time, that's all." Anna wasn't convinced. "If you need anything, just come to me. I'll be there for you." Elsa nodded and went to saddle her horse. It was early in the afternoon when she left, but she got to the ice castle late in the evening. As she walked in, she noticed signs of Jack. Little floral frost designs, trails of frost on the floor... She smiled sadly to herself. "I wonder if he visits often." Elsa walked over to the ice mirror and gazed at her reflection. Her eyes were red and puffy from crying. She looked closer at the mirror and noticed there seemed to be a dark shadow creeping along the wall. Elsa's heart raced. "Is it Jack?" She wondered. She turned around, unsure what to expect. Elsa looked up and screamed as the shadow swallowed her.