Chapter 15: Love

"Faster Sven!" Kristoff urged. He knew they had no chance of out running Pitch because he could teleport, but it was worth a try. He rounded the corner and skidded to a stop. They had met a dead end. "That's it," Kristoff whispered. "It's really the end for us." Pitch laughed. "You thought you could outrun me?" Kristoff turned around, searching for the source of Pitch's voice. Darkness started to surround them, slowly creeping along the walls. "Who's going to save you now?" Kristoff turned around again. Pitch was approaching them, ready to strike. Kristoff covered Anna and Sven and braced himself for a hit that never came. He opened one eye. Jack was using his staff to hold Pitch back. "Run!" He said, his voice strained. Kristoff didn't hesitate. He grabbed Anna and Sven and ran. "No!" Yelled Pitch. He had to hold Anna captive because he knew Elsa was afraid of loosing her. "Get them!" Pitch shouted angrily to his nightmare horses. 

Before Jack went to fight Pitch, he left Elsa in the streets of Arendelle. "It's too dangerous," he said. "I don't want you to get hurt." "But I don't want you getting hurt either!" Elsa protested. Jack flew off leaving a frustrated and upset Elsa behind. When Jack finally found Pitch, he was about to kill Anna, Kristoff and a reindeer. Jack used his staff to block Pitch just before he hit them. "Run!" Yelled Jack. "Aren't you getting tired of this, Frost?" Pitch asked. "It's obvious I'm the stronger one here." "You don't know anything!" Jack released a blast of ice from his staff. "You want to have a little fun I see?" Pitch said sarcastically. And with that, Pitch flew into the air on a cloud of nightmare sand, taking the battle into the air. 

Elsa ran through the streets of Arendelle, looking for Jack. She noticed everyone was cowering in fear inside their houses. "Pitch uses fear to make him stronger..." Elsa thought. "I know what I have to do now!" And she ran off.

Jack was having difficulty holding Pitch off. He was strong because the people of Arendelle feared him. Jack put his hands together and held his staff. He concentrated and release his special ability. Pitch laughed, stopping it with a flick of his wrist. "That trick doesn't work anymore, remember?" And he shoved his hand straight at Jack. Elsa ran up just in time to see Jack hit the side of a building. This time, however, he didn't move. Elsa ran to his side. Jack was still breathing, shallowly. Meanwhile, Pitch called his nightmare horses to his side. "Where are the rest of you?" Pitch asked, annoyed when only about 5 showed up. A voice rang out. It was Anna. "The people of Arendelle aren't scared of you anymore. They know you're just a bad dream, something that only exists at the back of their mind." Pitch was angry. "I still have your sister. As long as she has fear I can use her." Elsa whipped around to face Pitch. Her expression was so intense, Pitch was surprised. Her eyes flashed dangerously. "How dare you threaten what I treasure most! Anna, and everyone else sacrifices themselves to protect me. Now it's my turn to protect them." Her blood boiled with anger and her eyes glowed. Elsa brought her hands together. A strange ball of blinding white light was forming in her hands. Every muscle and fiber of Elsa's energy went into it. However, the most important thing was love. She had to protect them because they had already sacrificed so much for her. Pitch looked terrified and was unsure what to do. He tried to run but... Elsa let out a piercing scream as the ball of energy was directed straight as Pitch. "NOOOOOO!!!" Pitch screamed. His scream was cut off as he froze into solid ice. That was the last thing Elsa saw before she collapsed next to Jack, drained of power and energy.