Chapter 15 - Three's a Pattern

Start from the beginning

 "I have to go to the bathroom," he said.

 "Are you alright?" Harris asked, standing up. "Hey you don't look so good,"

 "I just need to get some water," said Jackson, shaking off Harris and walking out of the library.

 Harris walked over from the desk where he was grading papers. "No one leaves their seats," he said before following Jackson out into the hall.

 The second he was gone Scott and Stiles rushed back over to Erica and I's table, thank god. I un-clenched my balled up fists at the sight of Stiles sitting in front of me. I tapped my foot to his leg and he looked at me with confusion. I bobbed my head towards Erica subtly. I would explain later.

 "So you know how Jackson's parents died?" Scott asked Erica.

 "Maybe," she said.

 "Talk," ordered Scott. 

 Erica huffed, but proceeded to explain. "It was a car accident. My dad was the insurance investigator and everytime he sees Jackson drive by in his Porsche he makes some comment about the huge settlement he'll be getting when he's eighteen."

 "So not only is Jackson rich now, but he's getting even richer at eighteen?" Stiles asked.

 "Yup," said Erica, another smirk on her face. I had to urge to smack it right off.

 "There's something so deeply wrong with that," said Stiles. Scott sighed.

 "You know what, I could try to find the insurance report in my dad's feed box," said Eric, opening the lid to her laptop. "He keeps everything,"

 As Erica was typing, a voice called out over the intercom. "Scott McCall, please come to the principal's office."

 We all glanced around at each other with worry. Allison's psycho grandfather is our new principal and from was Stiles has told me, he won't hesitate to chop Scott up into little pieces. Reluctantly, Scott stood up and glanced at Allison before walking out of the library.

 Only a minute later, Jackson came back in followed by Harris. I watched him sat back down in his previous seat. Stiles had switched spots with me at our table to he could see Erica's laptop. I went back to staring at Erica with intent, making sure she didn't pull anything with my boyfriend. Then I'd have to kill her.

 "Woah, look at the dates," said Stiles.

 "Passengers arrived at the hospital, D.O.A. The estimated time of death, 9:26 pm June 14th, 1995," Erica read from her computer screen.

 "Jackson's birthday is June 15th," said Stiles. 

 I looked up at the sound of zipping to see Harris standing up, packing his briefcase. He picked it up and moved towards the door. The rest of us all began getting up as well. I was ready to grab Stiles and get the hell out of here and as far away from the queen of sluts as possible.

 Harris then let out a cold laugh. "Oh, no, I'm sorry. Yes, I'm leaving, but none of you are. You may go when you're done with the re-shelving." He patted one of the many carts of books. "Enjoy the rest of your evening."

 I groaned and sat back down. I hate him. I hate him so much. Stiles gave me a soft look as I put a hand on my forehead. Erica has just put me in such a cross mood and Harris was surely not helping the situation. I forced a smile to prevent him from asking questions.

 Once Scott returned, he, Allison, Stiles, and I all stood in one of the rows of shelves with a cart of books. Stiles was leaned against the cart and I tucked myself as close to him as I could get without seeming clingy. I just needed to be close to him right now to help me calm down.