Chapter Four

Chapter Four~ Cloud's P.O.V

Claire was put on a black and silver stretcher and rushed to a surgery room. I was stuck in the waiting room. I don't even know why I had to come to Cocoon.

My boss wanted me to fetch some things for a laser telescope thing she was working on. She wanted something that was metal-like. I looked at Claire's sword that was sitting beside me.

No way I was going to steal from a girl! I don't care what my boss says! I thought.

I heard the doors open, and 3 doctors came up to me, beaming.

Why were they smiling?

" Congratulations." One of them told me.

" Congratulations, what?" I told them.

" Your friend? The one with the pink hair? She's about to become a mother." Another told me.

" Wait, WHAT?" I was extremely confused now. She was seriously injured. And she didn't look anything like she was pregnent!

" What do you mean she's about to be a mother? She's only 21! And about her injuries?" I told them.

" Oh yeah. Well, her injuries are clearly visible. It's a 50/50 chance. It's up to her now."

" ARE YOU SERIOUS!? " I yelled. " There are millions of healers here! Can't you save one girl?" I told them in fury.

" Now calm down. We'll let you see her in a few minutes." One doctor told me.

Then they left.

How is Claire pregnent? She looks so young. Also, I don't think her unborn child is even going to make it this far after her beating.

I had a choice to make.

Either stay here in Cocoon and help Claire until the child comes.

Or go back to my world and tell everybody the news.

This was going to be difficult.

[ Back in Cocoon, Serah's POV]

I got a text message from Hope. I read the text, and this made my heart brake.

Serah, big news! I found Lightning. She's somewhere unknown in another part of Cocoon. I also heard she's badly injured and is pregnent. Send this text to everybody!

The first part was great, but the second part was devestating.

I needed to find my sister. And I was going to need a lot of help.

[ Lightning's POV]

I was lying in a hospital bed, totally weak. I was still feeling pain from the fight I had. But why was Cloud still here? I thought he had left to City Lane when I found him 5 months ago when I thought he had amnesia. Long story short, he's actually kinda nice.

My stomach started to churn really bad. I tried to grab for the emergency call thingy, but it was out of reach. There was no trash can or anything bucket-like near me. I covered my mouth.

I was praying this was NOT gonna happen again.

[ Cloud's POV]

" May I see Claire now?" I kept asking this every 5 seconds.

" Hold on. I got a call. Hello? Okay, I'll be there quick with a trash can. Thank you. Bye." She hung up and started running to the surgery room.

As soon as the doors opened, I heard the sound of painful retching.

I grimaced.

This was the beginning...

[ Lightning's POV]

I felt like I was suffering from Leukemia.

In about 5 seconds, my head was in a trashcan. And if being doing so by doctors? Now that's embarassing.

And this went on for 30 minutes.

After that was over, they injected me with a needle and helped me get back in bed.

I just laid there, tired from my rough day. Everything was blurey around me. It was probably just the injection.

I fell to a not-so-easy sleep.

* There! I did it. This is the first long chapter I did on this story. I promise I'll keep it up. BTW, were you surprised about the news? I wanted to try to do it in Chapter 8, but I couldn't do it. It just seemed too long to wait. Lol. 

How would everybody react when the child is born?

Would Lightning be okay?

When is Serah going to try and find her sister?

Those are the questions I have for you right now. Find out soon. Thank you to whoever's reading. Peace Out! : )