Chapter One

Chapter One ~ Lightning's POV

I looked into the night. Hundreds of stars were filling the darkness. I looked down. There were people crowding around me screaming at me to get down from the clock. But I have to set it back to 13 days. And trust me, I was super terrified of doing it. It's a 50 foot drop.

I went inside. There were millions of gadgets and widgets that I didn't know where to start. Then I saw the sign: Use this leaver to set back the time.

I shook my head. Even when you're the warrior of the world, you still run into stupid things when you don't noticed them. I went and set the time for 13 days. I heard the arrow going counter-clockwise. I went outisde again and saw that there were more people looking up at me.

I sighed. There was only one thing to do...

And I wish I never made the decision.

I had to jump the 50 foot drop.

I heard a lot of people gasping and screaming as soon I started falling.

I didn't dare look down, for I was afraid this was going to be the end of my life.

I waited for the ground crash, but instead I felt an inflatable, you know, those ones that catch you when you fall, under me.

I sat up. That's when my stomach dropped to my feet. I almost gagged. But I knew better and kept my mouth shut. In about 5 seconds, it was me against my body.

And I was losing.

People crowded around me. My face turned deep red. I saw a camera flash, and I got up and started running. I ran down to an alley and sat on the ground. I knew something bad was about to happen back there. I covered my mouth with my hand. I hoped nobody was near me.

Please. No. Not now! I kept thinking. Dear God, please don't let me -

My prayers were answered too late.

I hid behind a nearby trash-can and started letting loose. You know what I mean. I couldn't control myself. It was just too complicated.

I laid down on the ground and started crying after my own battle was over. Was I failing? Can I not save the world and risk myself getting sick and throwing my life away, literally?

I was feeling weak. I needed to rest. And besides, who would stop me from doing so?

Tears of shame rolled down my face as I was laying on the cold, wet ground.

I finally slipped away to some sleep.

 Sorry for the crappy chapter, I know. But I'll be doing longer chapters soon. Peace Out!