three. tobi

I'M TRYING, BUT YOU'RE IN THE LITTLE THINGS I SEE.

he thinks about her, sometimes. when things get quiet and there's nothing else for him to do but sit and stare into space.

the thought of her occurs in the most random of places, too. when he's on holiday, looking at the beautiful flowers winding their way up the poles of his villa. he'd remember how pinkish-red was always her favourite colour. and now, because of her, the colour makes him smile a little wider than it ever did before her. before he knew her.

sometimes he'll be riding the underground and he'll get off near trafalgar square and watch the statue and think about the time she dragged him to see the olympic countdown there.

or he'll drive past his old flat and the memories would hit him quicker than he could block them out. because she's moved on now, and there's nothing left to do but watch the dust settle.

he hopes she's happy, wherever she is. and maybe one day their paths will cross again, and the time will fall away behind them like nothing was missing, and his heart will flutter the way it always used to.

but today is not that day, so instead he just moves on and hopes she'll get out of his head soon.

—just to clarify: "she" refers to the reader. i prefer to use pronouns such as 'he' and 'she' so that it's distinguishable between two characters. to anyone who does not identify as female i'm very sorry; pm me and i'll write a chapter just for you.

mollie xx