Chapter 5

Neo: Are you sure this is it?

Y/n: Definitely. I'm pretty sure Mercury is the only one with metal footprints.

I pointed to the boot mark in the dirt.

Y/n: We'll need information though.

Neo: From who?

Y/n: An old friend. He owns a club down the street. Come on.

- Timeskip -

???: Boss!

Junior: What is it?

???: That kid, he's back! Should we barricade the d-

The door to Junior's club flew open, taking out the guard with it. I walked in with Neo trailing behind me. After two steps, a group of guards attacked me. I kept walking nonchalantly as I countered the attacks. We sat down at the bar when another came up behind me. He threw a punch but I tilted my head to dodge and slammed his face into the counter.

Y/n: Junior, I know your back there. Don't make me wait.

He slowly rose from behind the bar counter.

Junior: What do you want now?

Y/n: I need information. Two of my teammates have gone missing and I'm pretty sure they were here.

Junior: And what makes you say that?

Y/n: Check your wallet.

He reached into his back pocket, but as expected, he couldn't find it. He looked at me accusingly.

Y/n: So Emerald was definitely here. I'm pretty sure she nabbed about seven others on her way out.

Junior: Alright so they were here. But all I know is this other group of girls came in and they had one big throwdown. Your friends lost and were "taken hostage". That's as much as I can say for sure.

Team RWBY. It has to be. But that means they were taken to Ozpin. If they get interrogated, Emerald's semblance won't save them from Mercury's big mouth. Why do I always get the difficult jobs?

Y/n: Good that's all I needed to know. And sorry about the door. Shouldn't have closed so early.

I got up and walked out of the place.

Neo: He said a group of girls right?

Y/n: Yeah.

Neo: So does that mean we're...

Y/n: Going to Beacon. Hold on tight.

I grabbed Neo and we flew off. I'm ready getting the hang of this flying thing. Just as long as Neo stops looking down, we'll be fine.

We arrived in the Beacon courtyard. We snuck past the small security and made it inside. I tried to navigate the halls but it was hard with my hood on. Luckily, I never leave without it, otherwise someone might recognize me.

We didn't get far. Only two minutes inside and we got stopped by on of the professors.

???: Stop student. Why are you roaming the halls so late at night.

I nudged Neo to keep walking and she did.

???: I said to stop! Turn around,the now!

I turned to see professor Goodwitch. She must've known we were intruders because she had her wand in her hand. Great. So much for going in quiet.

Y/n: Neo keep going. Find those two idiots. And try not to raise an alarm.

She nodded and hurried off. Unfortunately, Glynda held her in place with her semblance. She looked at me and pushed up her glasses.