09.

"everything's going to be okay. she won't hate you helen" said angel, putting her hand on helens shoulder.

"no it's not okay. i completely left her without saying anything and that's not what i wanted to do. i just wish it wasn't this hard to live a double life.." he responded, as his head hung low.

"leave school. you don't need it helen, and (y/n) isn't going to be here forever for you like we will.." said angel, getting closer to him.

he stayed quiet, not wanting to talk to anybody. her hands wrapping around on his chest slowly as she started to move her face closer to his.

"what are you doing.." he asked, feeling uncomfortable. "i love you helen.. i always have. and she's not worth it helen you know this. you know i'll always be here." she whispered as she kissed his cheek, getting closer to his lips.

helen pushed her off him, "stop, just stop. i don't want this nor do i want you. all you'll ever be is a friend to me angel." he simply said as he took his mask from the coffee table and walked off.

he could tell she was angry. usually, helens always there for her whenever she's not okay. but this time, puppeteer was comforting her because now her problems were about helen.. from what he's heard her say.

helen put his mask on and started heading towards (y/n)'s house.

already arriving, he noticed her window was slightly open and opened it a bit more as he climbed in and quietly walked to her bed.

"i'm so sorry, you don't deserve to be lied to" he whispered, a sigh leaving his lips as he took off his mask to have a better look at you.

suddenly, you start waking up and helen quickly puts on his mask and hides in the dark corner of your room.

you sit up and slowly look around your room. you noticed your window is wide open again and you start freaking out.

you turn on your lights and you see a masked guy. "please don't hurt me, please leave me alone" you repeatedly said as you cornered yourself in your bed.

he was next to your door so there was no way to run out. you look to your window and look back at him, all he did was stand still like a statue.

you start climbing out your window but suddenly, he grabs you and covers your mouth with his hand.

"shh.." he whispers, he was gentle with you but you were terrified. heart almost beating out of your chest and tears start to stream down your face.

you lay there, crying and hyperventilating.

"i'm not going to hurt you. calm down." he said in a low raspy voice.

you gulped, nodded quickly and tried to stop crying.

"what do you want from me.. why do you always come here.. please leave me alone, i beg you please" you pleaded, begging him.

he stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"goodbye." he simply said as he quickly left through the window.

you stayed there, just sitting on your bed. thoughts running all over and everywhere, emotions on high.

"(y/n)?! i heard voices, was someone in here? what's wrong?! why are you crying?!" your mom asked as she quickly went to hold you.

you stayed quiet, not knowing what to say.

"everything's fine, it's okay. i promise you" you said as you closed your window, you stayed there for a bit, watching the trees move with the wind but he was completely gone.

a sigh came out from your mothers lips, "okay.. okay, just get some sleep then okay." she said, rubbing her temples. she was tired, you didn't want to make her worry since she's had a long day at work and you wanted to think more about what just happened.

she left your room, you laid back in bed and tried to process everything that just happened. he left you alone, he could've hurt you but he didn't.. but his cologne smelled very familiar.. close to helens.

your eyes widened at that thought. he's been gone for almost 4 weeks now. what if he came back? you thought; what if that's him; if he really wanted to hurt you, he would've done it right?

your head was pounding now, tears ran down your cheeks but you didn't know why. you were fine now what was there to cry about?

but no way in hell that's helen.. you thought again.

***
helen arrived home and threw his mask on the coffee table, anger and frustration was all that he felt.

did she know it was me?
did i give some sort of evidence that it was me?
does this mean i shouldn't even show up to school anymore?

so many thoughts ran through helens head, his fingers running through his hair, showing him in distress.

"what's wrong? you look like you've seen a ghost" said puppeteer, standing in front of helen as he blew out his cigarette smoke.

"i did something stupid, i shouldn't have seen her.."
cupping his face as his head hung low.

"what do you mean? did you get caught?" puppeteer said as he put out his cigarette on the ash tray.

"not exactly. she woke up and turned her light on.. she saw me and she was freaking out on me. i told her i wasn't going to hurt her but still, i don't think she believed me on that." helen said with a long sigh at the end.

"i just don't think you should keep seeing that girl, she's not worth it dude. just let her go, it's less trouble and less stress on you. you used to be so carefree and she's ruining your life." puppeteer said with an irritated look.

"shut up, shut the hell up, she's worth it!" helen stood up, pushing puppeteer back.

"fuck you man, i'm done trying to look out for you." scoffed puppeteer as he walked out of the living room.

helen turned around to see angel peeking from the corner, giving her a cold stare as he walked off.