21.

helen's pov
it's been only 3 months since she's left. wow, 3 months? this feels like forever. it hurts but in a way, i understand why she had to leave. but still.. i'm questioning if she actually loved me or if she just kept dealing with me because she was scared..

*knock knock knock*

"who is it?" i asked in annoyance, "puppeteer" said the voice behind the door, i let out a big sigh and got out of bed, "yeah?" i asked, "open the door." puppeteer said as he tried opening it.

"okay okay, jeez.." i mumbled and opened the door, "what's up?" i asked, "you let yourself go man, look at yourself. you're not okay. you have bottles all over your floor, your room reeks like cigarettes. it's like you died dude." said puppeteer as he entered the room, showing a disgusted face.

i sighed again, "okay, is that all?" i said, crossing my arms. "see? this is why you're dying in here, that careless attitude of yours is going to get you nowhere." puppeteer said as he opened up a window.

"finally, some air in this room." he mumbled.
"did you even acknowledge what i said?" he asked as he glared at me. "yeah i did." i responded back.

"so? are you going to say anything about it?" puppeteer asked, "look, i don't care. i don't care anymore.." i said as i lit up a cigarette, he quickly smacked it out my hand.

"you keep this shit up and slender will kill you." puppeteer said, this was obviously a lie, he was just trying to scare me. "right." i scoffed.

"for real dude, get the fuck over her. clearly she's not the one for you." puppeteer said, "you technically put her in this type of lifestyle. there was no way in hell she would've wanted to keep living here. you both just aren't meant to be." puppeteer said as he walked off and slammed the door shut.

i grabbed the empty wine bottle that was on my desk and threw it out of anger. "you don't fucking understand!" i yelled.

********************************************

overtime, helen became more distant than ever.
he was more cold than ever and this made it hard for anybody to even want to be around him anymore. or even speak to him.

"hey, you want this? i kinda don't want it anymore." said ben, holding a bottle in his hand.

"see, told you he wouldn't respond." ben whispered to jeff, "fuckin prick" murmured jeff.

helen walked away, if he had the energy, he'd already have bens throat in his hands but he simply couldn't care too much.

a couple months went by, and slender assigned a new parter for helen.

"hi! i'm bayle but you can call me b." said a girl with messy shoulder length black hair, freckles and green eyes.

helen smiled then quickly went back to his serious face. "bad day?" bayle asked as she lit up a cigarette, "i guess." helen simply said as he shrugged, not really wanting to talk.

"jeez, who pissed in your whiskey?" she said as she laughed, "what?" helen said as he squinted his eyes, clearly not finding it funny.

"you've never heard of that?" bayle asked, "no." helen simply said as he looked away. 'god this girl is already annoying.' he thought.

"well it was super fun chatting with you." she said sarcastically, "be ready at exactly 8:00, i don't like waiting." she said as she blew smoke at his face, she giggled then walked away.

"what a bitch." helen mumbled.

*********************************************

"shit, so she like .. totally left? like no writing you letters, nothing at all?" bayle asked, "mhm, i mean i understand but at the same time it hurts so fucking bad y'know? like it all happened so fast.. a part of me just can't let go." helen said as he took another sip of the bottle.

"i used to date this guy, he was way older than me. i was young, stupid and i thought he genuinely loved me. but over time he started treating me like total shit, he'd peer pressure me to do things, made me think that if i didn't do something then i didn't love him, it was so stupid i wish i could just remove that whole part of my life." bayle said as a tear rolled down her cheek.

"i'm sorry you went through that, i'd have no problem killing him if he's still alive somewhere." helen said, a memory popped up of michael.

"haha, you're sweet. but already beat you to it." bayle said as she put on a new song.

"oh god, why'd you have to put this song?" helen said as he ran his fingers through his hair.

"what? you don't like this song?" bayle asked.

"it's just, too sad." helen said.

bayle sat closer to helen, "i can see you tearing up, you know you can cry around me." bayle said as she rested her chin on his shoulder.

"i'm not crying.." helen said as he smiled, "yeah you are." bayle chuckled, "i'm happy i met you. these have been the best and adventurous months of my life." bayle whispered, as she got closer to him.

helen didn't know what to say, but felt bad if he didn't say anything. "i'm happy i met you too." he said as he looked away.

bayle leaned in for a kiss.

"oh shit, im so sorry!" bayle said, "it's okay it's okay." helen said, they both stayed quiet and looked into each other's eyes. their lips touched again.

********************************************
super sorry for not updating in a while, but don't worry bayle isn't going to be around for the rest of the story, it's gonna get better:)