Chapter 24

JANUARY 18TH, 2017 

Today was finally the day, I'm finally getting married to the love of my life, Christian. It's been a whirlwind the last few months of the baseball season. 

We had many of close games in the post season, Dee got hurt again, but somehow, we won the freaking World Series without him. It was an amazing experience to win it at home and to beat the Detroit Tigers in game 7 of it. 

It was the most amazing atmosphere and I feel bad for anyone who wasn't a part of it. The guys set out in the beginning of the season to do it for José and they kept their promise to him and I know he was smiling down on the guys and dancing around. 

Today is going to be magical, it's on the beach and the reception hall looks amazing and then tonight, we jet set off to Cancun for our honeymoon, were we will spend two weeks just relaxing on the beach and by the pool. 

I was surrounded by my mom and my bridesmaids, who were Madison as my Maid of Honor and a couple of the wives and girlfriends of the other Marlin's players. Our flower girl was Corey and Madison's little girl; Rachel. 

She is the cutest thing you'll ever see and I can't wait to have one of my own one day. I slipped my dress on and it was the same as I remember trying it on 6 months ago and I'm still in love with it to this day. 

My hair was loose and wavy and my makeup was minimal for a beach wedding, no shoes for the ceremony, but my heels were waiting for me for the reception. I looked over at my mom who was crying. 

"Ma, don't cry." I said going over to her and hugging her. "I can't help it, you're getting married. My only baby is getting married." She said crying even more and I couldn't help but shed a few tears as well. 

"Here is something from Christian." She said handing me a box and a note. I opened the note first and read it out loud. 

My dearest Summer,

I love you to the moon and back, I'm saving all the good stuff for our vows, which I'm sure you're going to love mine. I can't wait to see you walk towards me in that beautiful dress you're going to have on. Not going to lie, I might shed a few tears. I can't believe I'm about to make you my wife, I've been waiting since the day I proposed to you for this and now it's finally here. Here's your wedding present and I hope to see you wearing it when you walk down the aisle. 

Love, Christian. 

It was absolutely stunning

It was absolutely stunning. My mom helped me put it on and then it was time for us to head to the ceremony. 

We left the building we were in and walked down to the beach where I would become Mrs. Christian Yelich. I was next to my dad and he kissed my cheek. "I'm so proud of you princess, I couldn't be happier for you." He said and I smiled. 

"I love you too dad, thank you for everything you've ever done for me." I said and then the bridesmaids started walking and then it was my turn. 

As soon as I turned the corner, I saw all my friends and family and then I laid my eyes on Christian. He was wiping my eyes as soon as he saw me and he looked pretty damn fine in a tux. 

My dad shook his hand and then handed me off to him. "God, can I just kiss you already?" He said earning a laugh from the pastor. "No son, not yet." He said and we laughed. 

The pastor went on and then finally it was time to do our vows and Christian was going first. 

"Where do I being with this one? Summer Melissa Seager, you have turned my life upside, in a good way of course. Baseball was all I knew and then you walked on to the field that first day of the season in DC and I knew that you had to be mine. You were so beautiful and funny and you knew how to hit a baseball, which made me want to get to know you even more. You've given me the best moments of my life and I can't wait to make more memories with you in the years to come and to make a little family for the both of us." He finished and I had tears in my eyes that I had to wipe.

"Okay my turn. Christian, when I first saw you, I thought you were shy, but very very attractive. Getting to know you and everything we have been through, it's made us stronger in the end and that's why we're here today with everyone. You've been my rock through everything, you've kept me sane when the team gets out of control with their needs with injuries and when they're just being crazy and annoying me, like they usually do. You've made me the happiest that I have been since before I started college. I though college was all fun and games until I figured out what I wanted to do with my life, then I was like oh shit, this isn't all fun and games. I can't wait to grow old with you and make more memories than we have already. I actually have a surprise for you and everyone here too. No one knows this besides my mom. But, I can't wait to expand our family come September 2017, when Baby Yelich will make it's appearance in the world." I ended with a smile and everyone cheered and he gave me a hug. 

"You're really pregnant?" He asked and I nodded. "Can you hurry this thing up so I can kiss her?" He said to the pastor and he nodded and laughed. 

He went through the rest of the ceremony. "Now you can kiss your bride." Christian smiled and pulled me into a passionate kiss and everyone cheered. Madison handed my bouquet and we walked back down the aisle. 

Once we were out of sight, he kissed me so passionately. "I love you Summer Melissa Yelich." He said and hearing my name change made me smile. "I love you too Christian Stephen Yelich." 

And the rest is history. 

A/N: Thank you all so much for reading this story. It means a lot to me. This was my first big story and I have plenty of others that you guys can read! Baseball stories that is! There is The Girl You Think I Am; Anthony Rizzo, MLB Imagines (Requesting Open) and Fate; Dansby Swanson. I love you guys!