Chapter 18

JUNE 17TH, 2017 

I woke up today with a smile on my face and a beautiful ring on my finger and I couldn't be happy with marrying Christian. Which means I have to tell my parents, and they knew I was with Christian and they aren't going to approve of me getting engaged so quick. 

I sighed and rolled out of bed, making sure to be quiet because Christian was still sleeping next to me. I grabbed my phone and went into the bathroom and called my mom. 

"Hello sweetie!" My mom said. "Hi mom how are you?" I asked. "I'm good, we miss you!" She said and I smiled. I missed her a lot. "I miss you too mom, a lot has gone down since you've last seen me." I said hopping up on the counter. "Well sweetie, tell me!" She said and I sighed. 

"So on my first day on the job, the guys won and they took me out to the club to get some drinks and they got me drunk, well I got myself drunk and ended up sleeping with the left fielder Christian Yelich and it turned into something more, we're together. I ended up getting pregnant and I had a miscarriage." I said trying not cry because it was still a sensitive subject. 

"Aw sweetie, why didn't you come to me sooner about this?" She asked. "You'd be disappointed in me." The worst thing is when your parents are disappointed in you. "I wouldn't be sweetie, that's a rough thing to go through even though it was under different circumstances. What else is going on? It sounds like there is something else you're not telling me." 

She's a good one. "Well, uhm, I'm engaged?" It came out like a question and she screamed at me. "ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! TO CHRISTIAN?" She sounded happy that her only child was getting married. "Yes mom to Christian." She started screaming again and all I could do was laugh. 

I head the door open and I saw Christian and smiled at him and put the phone on speaker. "SWEETIE OUR LITTLE GIRL IS GETTING MARRIED!" She yelled to my dad. "I know she is." My dad had said and I looked at Christian and he smirked at me. He got together with my dad and asked for my hand in marriage. He knows how special that is to me. 

I opened my arms for him and he came over and gave me a hug and I kissed him. "Thank you, that means a lot to me." I said and he nodded his head. "So when do I get to see this ring?" My mom asked after she had calmed down. "I come home tomorrow night and we have a game the next day, so come to the game and I'll show you around." I said and she squealed again. 

I laughed. "Mom you're hurting my ears." I said and she laughed. "Sorry mi hija. I'm just so happy for you." She said and I smiled. "It's okay mama. Tengo que ir, voy a hablar contigo mañana ¿de acuerdo? 

"Sí, hija. Te amo. Adios." She hung up and I sighed, she took that so much better than I thought she would. "You speak Spanish?" Christian asked looking at me weirdly and I nodded and laughed. "It's okay. It's hot. How do you say 'I love you my princess'?" He asked. 

"Te amo mi princesa." I said and he said it back to me. "Te amo mi príncipe." I said kissing him one more time before getting into the shower after shooing him out of the bathroom to get ready for the day. 

We were both ready and I grabbed my bag and went down to the lobby and got onto the bus. My phone buzzed in my hands and it was Corey texting me. 

My Fave Shortstop: YOU'RE ENGAGED?!?!?!? 

Me: I assumed my mom called the whole freaking family?

My Fave Shortstop: Yes she did and when did this happen and who is it with actually?

Me: Last night and Christian. Okay you didn't tell me Madison was pregnant and I had to find out from her. 

My Fave Shortstop: Yeah well this is different.. When is the wedding?

Me: The third week of January.

My Fave Shortstop: Are you sure you're ready for this?

Me: Yes Corey, I am.

We left the conversation at that and we were finally at the stadium and I went into the training room and the guys noticed the ring right away of course, sometimes they can be very observant and other times they are oblivious to anything. 

Guys came into the room to congratulate me while they were getting ready for the game with their tape jobs and massages to get their bodies ready. I didn't do much with them, I was more the person they called when someone got hurt during the game. 

I got out my phone and called the best photographer I know and called her and set up an engagement shoot for one of the days that we were home at the park. I went to Don and he gave me a hug. "So I need a favor, I need a new jersey for the home stand." I said. 

"I can get you one real quick. What color and what do you want on it?" He asked. "I want the white home jersey and Mrs. Yelich on the back with his number. We're doing an engagement photo shoot at the park one of the days we are home." I said and he nodded and went off to go make that call. 

"What size?" He said coming back to me. "Medium." I said and he smiled at me and went off to make the call. I smiled to myself watching the guys take BP and I caught Christians eye and both of our smiles were so wide I'm sure they could stretch off our faces. 

He finished up with BP and then soon the Braves took BP and soon enough, it was game time and the game went by quick with the Braves winning 1-0. Our offense didn't wake up this game, only having 4 hits throughout the game. Pitchers duel. 

The guys weren't worried though so they were in somewhat good spirits. We all got back onto the bus and went back to the hotel. I got back to my room and changed and Christian had followed me, nothing new. "So when are we telling the world about our engagement?" I asked and he shrugged his shoulders. 

"How about now?" He asked and I nodded and we had Dee come take some pictures for us so we could put them on Instagram. 

"SummerSeager: Soon to be Mrs. Christian Yelich, couldn't be any happier." (Picture in media forget the caption and comments, just the picture)

"ChristianYelich: So happy to finally make my princess my queen soon. I love you"

We thanked Dee and we looked and our Instagrams were both blowing up with comments and likes

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

We thanked Dee and we looked and our Instagrams were both blowing up with comments and likes. "Oh we have a photo shoot for when we're having the home stand for our engagement." I said laying down in bed. 

"Anything for you my princess, you deserve it. Even though I don't like photo shoots. I'll do it for you." He said pulled me into his chest and kissing my neck. I smiled and thought about how fast Christian and I have moved since the beginning of the summer. 

It was fast, but I couldn't be any happier with the decisions I have made.